Dartmouth Big Green (3-5, 0-1 Ivy) vs.
Brown Bears (1-6, 0-1 Ivy)
Date: Saturday, Sept. 30, 2017 – 12 p.m.
Location: Providence, R.I. – Goldberger Family Field
All-Time Series: Dartmouth, 27-12-2
Last Time: 10.1.16 | L, 2-1 | Hanover
The Dartmouth field hockey team continues its four-game road trip with an Ivy League battle Saturday afternoon at Brown.
- The Bears are 1-6 as they begin the weekend against Dartmouth on Saturday and Sacred Heart on Sunday.
- They are 0-1 in Ivy play after falling to Columbia, 4-0, on the road last Saturday in the team’s most recent contest. The team’s lone win of the season came at home on Sept. 15, defeating Siena, 4-1.
- Freshman Anagha Nayak leads the team in both total points (8) and goals (4) so far this season with junior Rachel Lanouette in second in both (3-0-6).
AGAINST THE BEARS
- Dartmouth leads the all-time series, winning 27 of the 41 all-time matchups that also include a pair of ties.
- Brown cut into that lead with a 2-1 win in Hanover last season. Morgan Philie scored the lone Big Green goal in the 42nd minute, only to see Lucy Green respond back in the 45th minute with the game winner for the Bears.
IVY ON THE ROAD
A win in Providence on Saturday would be the first Ivy League road win since Oct. 17, 2015 at Yale. Since then, the Green and White are 0-4 against Ancient Eight teams away from Hanover.
Spanos’s second two-goal game in her team’s last three outings has moved her into fourth place on this year’s Ivy leaderboard for points with 15. Her five goals rank tied for eighth amongst conference players.
LEADING FROM BEHIND
- With another seven saves against Fairfield, junior Hailey Valerio is the league leader with 61.
- Dartmouth’s 66 total saves — a figure that includes five defensive saves — is also the most by any team in 2017.
- Constantine became the first member of the Class of 2021 to record a game-winning goal.
- She joins Kira Koehler (2) and Tatum Schultz (1) as the third rookie to notch her first-career goal this fall.
Saturday’s game will be carried live on the Ivy League Network. BrownBears.com will also have live stats. Fans can track all the action on Twitter as well by following the team’s official account: @DartmouthFH.
A week will go by before the Big Green play again, traveling to Penn to take on the Quakers on Saturday, Oct. 7 at 12 p.m.