HANOVER, N.H. – Head coach Amy Fowler and her staff announced the incoming players who will make up the Dartmouth Field Hockey Class of 2022, set to begin play this fall.
Associate head coach Pattie Gillern and former assistant coach Maddy Carpenter (now at Holy Cross) helped recruit these four players who will be making their debuts when the Big Green begin the 2018 season on Aug. 31 at Iowa. New assistant coach Taylor Rideout will be on the sidelines this fall in the first season at Dartmouth for this quartet.
“Though this class is small in numbers, our staff feels very confident about what they will collectively bring to our program moving forward,” Fowler said. “It’s a balanced group, positionally, and they really connect as a class, even though they haven’t formally been together yet. The countdown is on for the Class of 2022’s arrival on campus this August!”
Defense | Dedham, Mass. | Noble and Greenough School
- Four-year letterwinner in field hockey and three years in tennis.
- Captain of the field hockey team her senior year.
- Led her team to the Independent School League Championship senior year.
- Awarded MVP, First-Team ISL All-Star, Class A All-NEPSAC First Team and Nobles Walker Cup her senior year.
- Boston Herald All-Scholastic, Boston Globe All-Star All-Scholastic sophomore, junior and senior year.
- National Futures Championship selection sophomore and junior.
- Daughter of Michael and Lisa Falkson.
- Has four siblings. Two brothers participating in college athletics; Nick who plays baseball at Tufts and Sam who played baseball at Brown.
- Undecided in studies. Interested in human-centered design.
Coach Fowler on Falkson: “Sara is a solid defender who will promote steady, consistent play in our backfield. We’re excited for her to join a veteran group of backs returning for the 2018 campaign.”
Midfield/Defense | Charlotte, N.C. | Charlotte Latin School
- Four-year letterwinner in field hockey, serving as team captain her senior year.
- Four-year letterwinner in lacrosse. Captained her junior and senior campaign.
- North Carolina Independent School Athletic Association State Champion and NFHCA Academic Scholar of Distinction sophomore, junior and senior years.
- All-conference and all-state sophomore, junior and senior years as well as being named an all-region honoree as a senior.
- Awarded all-conference and all-state for lacrosse in both her junior and senior years.
- Daughter of Timothy and Sarah Monnin. Father played football at Brown and brother played lacrosse at Lehigh for four years. Also has a twin sister. Her uncle, Sean ’97 attended Dartmouth as well.
- Undecided in studies. Interested in computer science and engineering.
Coach Fowler on Monnin: “Cece will offer some flexibility on both our backfield and midfield lines. She is a strong, physical player who will help to dictate play in the center of the field.”
Forward | Larchmont, N.Y. | Hotchkiss School
- Four-year letterwinner in field hockey, ice hockey and lacrosse. Captained all three sports her senior year.
- Western New England Champions her sophomore, sophomore and junior years.
- New England Class A Champions her freshman year, finalists her junior year and semifinalist as a senior.
- Founders League Champions her freshman and sophomore seasons.
- South New England NFHCA High School All-Region Team and All-New England First Team last fall.
- Western New England All-Star as both a junior and senior.
- New England All-Tournament Team her sophomore, junior and senior seasons.
- During her junior and senior years, she was named an All-Western New England selection for lacrosse and an All-Founders League selection for ice hockey.
- Daughter of Bruce and Cannon Campbell. Father played football at Princeton.
Coach Fowler on Campbell: “Gracyn will bring her quick hands and vision to our team attack. She has great athleticism and will offer depth to an experienced returning forward line.
Goalkeeper| Rye, N.Y. | Greenwich Academy
- New England Conference Championship, FAA Title, New England Honorable Mention and NFHCA Academic Squad as a junior.
- FAA Championship and Junior Olympics Participant her sophomore year.
- Helped lead team to the WNEPSA All-Star Championship, while also being named a WNEPSA All-Star and FAA All-League honoree sophomore year.
- Daughter of Facuno Santucci and Augustina Rueda. Has an older brother and sister. Her sister, Emma, played field hockey at Williams.
Coach Fowler on Santucci: “Bella brings good communication skills and a consistent set of fundamentals in the goalkeeping area. We’re anxious to see how Hailey and Bella compliment each other as they command our team defense.”