HANOVER, N.H. – Dartmouth field hockey head coach Amy Fowler has announced her team’s 2018 schedule.
Fowler’s Big Green team will play a balanced mix of eight home games, eight road games and one neutral-site contest this fall.
2018 Season Highlights:
• The season starts in the Hawkeye State with a pair of games in Iowa City at Fowler’s alma mater. Dartmouth will take on Iowa in the season opener on Aug. 31. Hawkeyes head coach Lisa Cellucci is another former Iowa player — along with Dartmouth associate head coach Pattie Gillern — who was actually an assistant with Fowler for one season at James Madison in the late 90s. Gillern even played under Celluci during her time with the Hawkeyes.
• The Green and White will take on Ball State in a neutral-site contest on Iowa’s field the following afternoon.
• The home opener is Friday, Sept. 7 against regional rival Vermont.
• Other non-conference home games include: Sacred Heart (Sept. 14), Holy Cross (Sept. 16) and Northeastern (Oct. 14).
• Non-conference road games will see Dartmouth head to UMass (Sept. 9), Maine (Oct. 9), UMass Lowell (Oct. 21) and New Hampshire (Oct. 28).
• The 2018 season is one that features four Ivy League home games on the slate as Brown (Sept. 29), Penn (Oct. 6), Yale (Oct. 13) and Harvard (Oct. 27) all make their way to Hanover.
• Ivy road trips include Princeton (Sept. 22) for the conference opener as well as to Columbia (Oct. 19) and Cornell (Nov. 3) in the final game of the regular season.