HANOVER, N.H. – Dartmouth field hockey head coach Amy Fowler has announced the incoming Class of 2021 who will join the Big Green this fall.
Through the hard work of Associate Head Coach Pattie Gillern and Assistant Coach Maddy Carpenter on the recruiting trail, seven new faces will join the team for the 2017 campaign set to kick off Sept. 1 on the road against defending national champion Delaware.
“We are thrilled to welcome seven new faces to the DFH family,” Fowler said. “Coming off a tough year with a very small roster, these rookies will help immediately, creating depth for the 2017 season. They each bring a very strong athletic base, and have excelled on the club and regional level, which will allow them to push each other and our upperclass women, so we can continue our quest to becoming a more consistent and efficient squad.
“This class has the potential to make a significant impact on this program,” the Dartmouth coach continued. “The staff and returning players are excited to have them join us in August when we begin our preseason.”
A complete breakdown of the Big Green's incoming freshman class is as follows.
Lia Constantine: Forward | Fredericksburg, Virginia | Stafford Senior High School
- Four-year letterwinner in field hockey. Captain as both a junior and senior.
- Three-year letterwinner for tennis. Captain as both a sophomore and junior.
- Three-year letterwinner for indoor track.
- Helped her team to field hockey conference championships in 2013, 2015 and 2016, while finishing as the state runner-up 2016.
- Free Lance Star All-Area Athlete as a sophomore, junior and senior.
- First Team All-State and First Team All-Region and Offensive MVP as a sophomore, junior and senior.
- Daughter of Kostas and Sophia Constatine.
- Has plans to study neuroscience with tentative career plans in medicine.
Taylor Hantman: Midfield | Cherry Hills, Colorado | Cherry Creek High School
- Four-year letterwinner in field hockey. Captain as a senior.
- First Team All-Conference and First Team All-State as a sophomore, junior and senior.
- Senior year Team MVP
- Daughter of Peter and Linda Hantman
- Grandfather Roger Kiney went to University of Colorado at Boulder, playing baseball from 1957-59.
- Plans to study sociology and government with tentative career plans in law.
Bee Hollyer: Defense | North Vancouver, British Columbia | Windsor Secondary School
- Selected for U16 Team Canada ID Camp as a sophomore.
- Played with MIP Meralomas Club, Premier Division, Vancouver Women's Field Hockey Association as a junior.
- First All-Star Select North Shore Field Hockey and RSCA Athlete of Fall honorable mention as a senior.
- Led her team to a first-place showing in the Premier Division VWFHA in both 2015 and 2016.
- Parents are Geoffrey and Julie Hollyer. Her mother played racquetball and ultimate Frisbee nationally and field hockey provincially.
- Plans to study economics and environmental studies with a tentative career path in law.
Kira Koehler: Forward | Macungie, Pennsylvania | Emmaus High School.
- Four-year varsity letterwinner and senior captain.
- District XI (AAA) Champion all four years, while also helping lead her team to Pennsylvania State Championships in both 2015 and 2016.
- Earned Emmaus Sports Athlete of the Week and Lehigh Valley Player of the Week during her junior season.
- Was named to the Lehigh Valley All-Area Team and Morning Call All-Area Team Honorable Mention as well as the Lehigh Valley Awesome Athlete as a senior.
- Parents are Traci and Kurt Koehler. Her mother was a part of the Purdue equestrian team from 1989-93 and was a two-time national qualifier and assistant coach in that time.
- Plans to study business and economics with tentative career plans in business.
Isabel Pérez de Ayala: Midfield | Madrid, Spain | British Council School in Madrid (2013-15) and Cheltenham Ladies' College in England (2015-17)
- Selected for Madrid FH Technification Centre in both ninth and 10th grades.
- From 2011 to 2015, she led her team to four Madrid Regional League Gold Medal victories.
- Cheltenham Ladies' College Half-Colours as a junior.
- Cheltenham Ladies' College Full-Colours in her senior season.
- Captain of the First Team as a senior at Cheltenham.
- Daughter of Onna Twigg-Smith and Ramon Pérez de Ayala. Her great uncle, Mark Mitchell, graduated from Dartmouth in 1956.
- A third-generation field hockey player, as her grandfather played in the 1930s.
- Plans to study government with tentative career path in law.
Jensen Palmer: Midfield | Hampton, New Hampshire | Governor's Academy
- Four-year varsity letterwinner in field hockey, while also lettering in track & field as both a sophomore and junior.
- Independent School League Champion as a junior and part of a team that was the Class B NEPSAC Champion during her senior year.
- Second-Team All-New Hampshire as a sophomore.
- An ISL Honorable Mention player her final three seasons and a NFHCA National Academic Squad member in her junior and senior years.
- Parents are Gregory and Jill Palmer. Her father played lacrosse at Union and brother Jacob Palmer in a rising-sophomore on the football team at Bowdoin. Cousin Tara Welch played field hockey at Holy Cross from 2003 to 2007.
- Plans to study neuroscience.
Tatum Schultz: Forward | Bellingham, Massachusetts | St. Mark's School
- Four-year varsity letterwinner in field hockey, ice hockey and lacrosse. A senior captain in all three sports.
- A NEPSAC Class B Champion, ISL Champion for Field Hockey in 2013 and 2014.
- ISL Champions in Lacrosse in 2014 and 2015.
- All-League ISL, and All-Region NFHCA Massachusetts in her final three seasons at St. Mark's.
- Was selected for USA Ice Hockey National Development Camp from 2013-15.
- The daughter of John Schultz Jr. and Kimberly Schultz. Her father played ice hockey at Northeastern from 1988-90.
- Undecided on her plans of study