HANOVER, N.H. – The No. 7 Dartmouth men’s squash team hosted No. 12 Drexel on Saturday and ended with an 8-1 win, the team’s seventh win of the season. The Big Green are now 7-3 while the Dragons fall to 5-7.
In the first round, Dartmouth came out strong with junior Carson Spahr leading the charge with a 3-0 win. Freshman Toby Harding played a tough, five-game match but clinched the win in the end, while junior Sam Epley and freshman James Bell both won in three-game sweeps.
With support of a Dartmouth crowd, the home team carried the momentum into the second round. The first win went to co-captain Jack Harvey who did not drop a game, followed by co-captain Brian Geigerich who won a fiercely contested four-game match. Brandon De Otaduy Nam won in three quick games.
Matt Geigerich and Alvin Huemann were the last two on the court and so far, the Big Green was unbeaten. As Geigerich and Huemann both took their opponents to five games, the fans were audible throughout the squash courts and surrounding rooms. Huemann came back to win after losing the first two games, while Geigerich was not so fortunate, falling in the last game.
Dartmouth returns to action tomorrow, hosting Rochester at 12 p.m.
- Alvin Heumann (H) def. Lucas Rousselet (V): 7-11, 13-15, 11-6, 11-9, 11-8
- Carson Spahr (H) def. Atticus Kelly (V): 13-11, 11-7, 13-11
- Bransten Ming (V) def. Matt Giegerich (H): 9-11, 11-5, 11-9, 6-11, 11-7
- Toby Harding (H) def. Dylan Kachur (V): 11-7, 11-9, 7-11, 4-11, 11-8
- Brandon De Otaduy Nam (H) def. Nathaniel Fry: 11-7, 11-6, 11-7
- Sam Epley (H) def. Noel Solomon (V): 11-6, 11-7, 11-6
- Jack Harvey (H) def. Josh Hughes (V): 11-8, 11-7, 11-7
- James Bell (H) def. Royston Raymond (V): 11-2, 11-5, 11-8
- Brian Giegerich (H) def. Mostafa Makarim (V): 12-10, 11-7, 6-11, 11-5