PRINCETON, N.J. – Senior Alvin Heumann of the Dartmouth men’s squash team was a unanimous selection to the All-Ivy First Team announced Tuesday afternoon from the league office.
Heumann competed in all games this season for the Big Green at the No. 1 spot and won 11 out of 15 games, including a 3-2 win at Columbia. Dartmouth finished the regular season with an 11-4 record, that Heumann was key in helping achieve.
The Southport, Connecticut native received the honor last season as well. This weekend the team heads to Hartford to compete in the 2018 College Men’s National Team Championship hosted by Trinity College.
2018 Men’s Squash All-Ivy Honors
Player of the Year
Osama Khalifa, Columbia (Sr. – Cairo, Egypt)
Rookie of the Year
Youssef Ibrahim, Princeton (So. – Cairo, Egypt)
Coach of the Year
Jaques Swanepoel, Columbia
First Team All-Ivy
- * Osama Khalifa, Columbia (Sr. - Cairo, Egypt)
- * Velavan Senthilkumar, Columbia (Fr. - Salem, India)
- * Alvin Heumann, Dartmouth (Sr. - Southport, Conn.)
- * Saadeldin Abouaish, Harvard (So. - Cairo, Egypt)
- * Timothy Brownell, Harvard (So. - Belmont, Mass.)
- Sean Hughes, Harvard (So. - Newton Square, Pa.)
- * Youssef Ibrahim, Princeton (Fr. - Cairo, Egypt)
- Adhitya Raghavan, Princeton (So. - Chennai, India)
- Spencer Lovejoy, Yale (So. - Branford, Conn.)
- Harrison Gill, Yale (Fr. - Darien, Conn.)
* Unanimous Selection