HANOVER, N.H. - Sunday afternoon the No. 5 Dartmouth men's squash team took down No. 7 Princeton at home, 5-4. The win improves the Big Green to 9-4 while the Tigers move to 8-3.
In the second round, Princeton managed to even the score by picking off senior Alvin Heumann in four games and freshman Toby Harding in a 3-0 sweep, while senior Jack Harvey put in another good performance to win in three. The match was tied 3-3 with the final three matches ahead.
Sophomore Brandon De Otaduy Nam was the first on in the final round, and pushed the ball around on one of his best performances this season, winning 3-0. Junior Matt Giegerich went the full five-game distance but lost the last game, tying the match once again at 4-4. The pressure was on freshman James Bell to play the decider. Bell's Tiger opponent played the first two games without fault, putting the Big Green in a tough position. Princeton could not keep the momentum, with some inspirational coaching and hard work on the court, Bell turned the match, one long rally at a time.
Dartmouth wins the match 5-4 and will travel to play to Brown on Friday.
- Youssef Ibrahim (P) def. Alvin Heumann (D): 10-12, 11-2, 11-6, 11-1
- Carson Spahr (D) def. Adhitya Raghavan (P): 11-9, 11-6, 11-5
- Cole Becker (P) def. Matt Giegerich (D): 11-9, 6-11, 6-11, 11-4, 11-4
- Clark Doyle (P) def. Toby Harding (D): 11-9, 11-9, 11-7
- Brandon De Otaduy (D) def. Cody Cortes (P): 11-8, 11-5, 11-8
- Duncan Joyce (P) def. Sam Epley (D): 11-8, 11-6, 11-7
- Jack Harvey (D) def. Abhimanya Shah (P): 11-3, 11-8, 11-8
- James Bell (D) def. Alexander Engstrom (P): 7-11, 12-14, 11-4, 12-10, 11-6
- Reg Anderson (D) def. Komron Shayegan (P): 11-6, 11-4, 13-11
- Brian Giegerich (D) def. Henry Parkhurst (P): 11-8, 11-2, 11-7