ITHACA, N.Y. – The No. 10 Dartmouth men’s squash team traveled to Ithaca on Sunday to face No. 15 Cornell and came out victorious after falling to Columbia on Saturday, to end the weekend with an 8-1 win.
Dartmouth improves to 6-2 on the season and 1-2 in Ivy League action, while Cornell falls to 2-5 with a 0-3 conference mark.
In the first round was junior Carson Spahr who lost in four games, before the Big Green evened the score when co-captain Jack Harvey won in a 3-0 sweep. Dartmouth took the lead after sophomore Sam Epley won his match in three games and the Big Green proved too strong for the Big Red, winning all the matches in the second round.
Co-captain Alvin Heumann, freshman Toby Harding and sophomore Drew Monroe did not drop a game as the last round began and James Bell and Brandon De Otaduy Nam won all three as well. The last match of the day was a five-game thriller, with sophomore Matt Giegerich clinching the win.
Dartmouth returns to action on Tuesday afternoon facing No. 1 Trinity on the road.
- Alvin Heumann (D) def. Andrew Muran, 11-9, 11-4, 11-5
- Perry Hanson(C) def. Carson Spahr, 7-11, 11-9, 11-5, 11-5
- Matt Giegerich (D) def. Jordan Brail, 11-9, 11-9, 8-11, 8-11, 11-7
- Toby Harding (D) def. Ian Rothweiler, 11-6, 11-4, 11-7
- Brandon De Otaduy (D) def. Illia Presman, 11-6, 11-7, 11-4
- Sam Epley (D) def. Seb Obieta-Chichizola, 11-5, 11-8, 11-1
- Jack Harvey (D) def. Alex Jung, 11-5, 11-4, 11-3
- Drew Monroe (D) def. Jared Scherl, 11-1, 11-2, 11-7
- James Bell (D) def. James Paolella, 11-8, 4-11, 11-4, 11-3
- Ex. Brian Giegerich (D) def. Max Mailman, 11-6, 11-7, 11-6