HANOVER, N.H. — Dartmouth men's hockey head coach Bob Gaudet '81 has announced the incoming freshman class set to join the team this fall.
The Class of 2021 is an equal mix of three forwards and three defensemen. Five are Americans with one Canadian making up this year's rookie class.
“I would like to welcome these six young men to the Dartmouth Hockey family," gaudet said. "We are excited to see this group of talented players join us for the upcoming 2017-18 season and beyond. I would also like to thank associate coach David Lassonde and assistant coach John Rose for their tireless efforts in the recruiting process to make this class a reality in Hanover this fall.”
A complete breakdown of the class is as follows:
Will wear No. 14
Forward | Midhurst, Ontario
5-11 | 170 | DOB: 2.21.97
2016-17 Stats: 68 GP | 32-40-72
- Played for the Wenatchee Wild (BCHL) for the last two seasons.
- Named Rookie of the Year in his first campaign with the Wild.
- This past year, Baker helped his team to the Ron Boileau Cup, given to the BCHL team with the most points (94) in the regular season.
- Attended Upper Canada College in Toronto, wearing the captain's ‘C' for two seasons.
- Was the Blues leading scorer for two straight years and twice was the recipient of the Lang Scholar Award for athletic and academic achievement.
- Played his minor hockey for the Barrie Colts (AAA) organization where he helped his team earn a berth in the OHL Cup in 2013, registering 44 points (18-26-44) in 58 games.
Will wear No. 27
Defense | Lebanon, Ohio
6-2 | 185 | DOB: 8.18.97
2016-17 Stats: 54GP | 1-11-12
- Played in over 100 USHL games for the Des Moines Buccaneers the last two years.
- Teammate of fellow incoming freshman Collin Rutherford '21 in Des Moines.
- Captained the Bucs to a 21-point improvement in the standings and their first playoff berth in a decade during the 2016-17 campaign.
- Played T1EHL for the Ohio Blue Jackets, helping his team to a pair of appearances at USA Hockey Nationals.
- Selected to the 2015 USA Hockey Select 17 Festival
Will wear No. 9
Forward | Tonawanda, New York
5-8 | 165 | DOB: 12.29.97
2016-17 Stats: 56GP | 12-12-24
- Two-year USHL player with three teams over the course of the last two years.
- Played this past season for Des Moines, helping the Buccaneers earn their first playoff berth in a decade alongside fellow incoming freshman Brendan Demler '21.
- As a rookie in 2015-16, Rutherford was a member of the Tri-City Storm and helped the team claim the Clark Cup as the USHL Champion.
- Played T1EHL for the Buffalo Jr. Sabres where he helped his team earn a NYAHA State Championship (U18), while also serving as an alternate captain in 2014-15.
- Was selected to participate in three USA Hockey Select Festivals.
- His father played DIII hockey at Buffalo State.
Will wear No. 3
Defense | Columbia, Illinois
5-9 | 175 | DOB: 6.24.97
2016-17 Stats: 54GP | 3-11-14
- Split time this past season playing for Tri-City and Sioux City (USHL).
- As a late season addition to the Musketeers (Sioux City), he was part of the team that captured the Anderson Cup as the top regular-season team in the USHL.
- Played alongside Collin Rutherford with Tri-City in 2015-16, winning a Clark Cup Championship.
- Was an alternate captain with the Storm in 2016-17, before moving over to Sioux City prior to the playoffs.
- Played for the St. Louis Jr. Blues AAA program in the T1EHL for three years — captaining his U16 team — and competed in two USA Hockey Nationals.
- Chosen to represent the Central District at the 2014 USA Select 17 Festival.
Will wear No. 24
Defense | Kinnelon, New Jersey
5-11 | 170 | DOB: 4.24.98
2016-17 Stats: 45GP | 3-24-27
- Played for the New Jersey Hitmen (USPHL) in 2016-17 and was selected to play in the all-star game during his only year in the league.
- Graduated from Choate Prep School where he was a two-year letterwinner.
- As a freshman at Delbarton High School, was part of a team that won the NJ Private School Championship. He appeared in 30 games during that championship run.
- Was selected to participate in three USA Hockey Summer Festivals.
- Played split season U16 and U18 AAA Hockey for the Connecticut Wolfpack and Yale Bulldogs.
Will wear No. 17
Forward | Norwood, Massachusetts
6-3 | 195 | DOB: 5.25.96
2016-17 Stats: 62GP | 30-46-76
- Played the last two seasons for the West Kelowna Warriors (BCHL).
- In his career with the Warriors, he registered 95 regular season points in 108 games and another 17 postseason points in 25 games. Foreman scored three times and dished out four assists in just four postseason games this past spring.
- As a rookie, he helped his team capture the Royal Bank Cup, presented to the Canadian Junior A Champion.
- This past season, he was in the top-10 of scorers in the BCHL and was recognized by his team as its Best Forward and 3-Star Award Winner.
- Played U16 and U18 Midget AAA for the Boston Advantage in the TIEHL, scoring 49 goals and registering 118 points in that time.