HANOVER, N.H. – After one day of competition at the 2018 New England Outdoor Track & Field Championship Meet, the Dartmouth men are 12th.
The Big Green scored eight and a half points on Friday afternoon in a meet where only a select few student-athletes are participating.
• The biggest showing of the day for the home team came from the hammer throw as Colin Minor finished second and picked up eight points. Minor earned those points thanks to a toss of 60.95m on his second-of-six throws.
• Corbin Mayes tied for eighth in the pole vault, splitting the final point thanks to a 4.55m clearance on his third attempt at the height.
• Through five scored events in the decathlon, senior and All-Ivy League Second Teamer Ben Colello is fourth with 3452 points. The senior won the 400m in 50.59.
• Moving on to Saturday’s final in the 400m is Amos Cariati as his 48.74 in Friday’s prelims was good for fourth.
• Another qualifier in the preliminaries was Shawn Ohazuruike in the 110m hurdles. Ohazuruike ran a 14.58 to win his heat and claim the automatic spot into the final.