HANOVER, N.H. - The Dartmouth men’s track & field team will compete in New York City at the 2017 Ivy League Heptagonal Championship Meet Saturday and Sunday.
Dates: Saturday and Sunday, February 25-26
Site: The Armory - New York
Saturday, February 25
Field events begin at 9:30 a.m., running events begin at 11:50 a.m.
Sunday, February 26
Running events begin at 10:50 a.m., field events begin at 11:30 a.m.
At Cornell’s Barton Hall last February, the Big Green men took third in the team standings with 80 points over the two days of competition.
- Corey Muggler was named the Men’s Most Outstanding Field Performer of the Meet, the first individual honor for a Dartmouth male student-athlete indoors since Mustafa Abdur-Rahim in 2003 and 2004. Muggler earned the distinction after he won the long jump on Saturday and took fifth in the triple jump. The then-junior’s best distance in his winning performance was measured at 24-6.25/7.47m and came on his first of six attempts on Saturday, setting the bar early that was never eclipsed. In the triple jump, Muggler’s best distance was marked at 50-1.75/15.28m.
- Max Cosculluela earned All-Ivy League Second-Team honors by claiming second in the pole vault. Cosculluela cleared 16-9.50/5.12m on his second attempt, the only difference that allowed Princeton’s August Kiles to take the top spot.
- Justin Donawa claimed second and eight points in the men’s triple jump on the second day. Donawa’s best distance of the day was measured at 51-1.0/15.57m and came on his second attempt.
2016-17 TOP-5 PERFORMANCE LIST IN THE IVY LEAGUE
- 500m: Amos Cariati / 3rd (1:03.37)
- 1000m: Pat Gregory / 3rd (2:23.85)
- Mile: Pat Gregory / 3rd (4:02.20)
- Mile: Henry Raymond / 4th (4:02.49)
- Long Jump: Corey Muggler / 1st (7.41)
- Weight Throw: Timothy Brennan / 4th (18.42m)
- Heptathlon: Nico Robinson / 1st (5261)
- Pentathlon: Benjamin Ose / 3rd (4989)
Both days of the 2017 Heps will be carried on the Ivy League Digital Network for subscribers of the video service. Live, updating results will also be provided by LancerTiming.com.
WATCH THE PREVIEW
For a complete preview of this year’s championship meet, please click on the play icon above to hear head coach Barry Harwick ’77 comment on the upcoming weekend in the Big Apple.