NEW YORK, N.Y. – For the second consecutive match, the Dartmouth women’s soccer team played to a draw in double overtime. This time the Big Green and Columbia battled to a 0-0 tie in New York on Saturday evening.

With the tie, Dartmouth is now 6-5-2, 0-3-2 in the Ivy League, while the Lions are 7-4-4, 4-0-1 in conference play.

Columbia came into Saturday’s contest riding four-game win streak in Ivy League play, before the draw with the Big Green.

“Both teams worked tremendously hard today,” Dartmouth head coach Ron Rainey said. “I’m very proud of how hard our group worked. We want to continue doing this through the last two weeks of the season. I believe some of the results we want will come.”

The match remained balanced, as each squad took 14 shots apiece, while the Lions held a slight 7-5 advantage in corner kicks.

 For much of the first half, the Big Green did a solid job on defense in front of senior goalkeeper Casey Cousineau, who finished the day with four saves. Toward the end of the first stanza, Dartmouth had a few chances to get on the scoreboard first, including a shot by Brittany Champagne that was saved and a header by Holly Patterson that went high.

After halftime, the teams retuned to the field in search of the all-important first strike. Five minutes into the half the Big Green were awarded a corner kick, before Gia Parker’s shot was saved by the keeper. The Lions had their chances as well, before Champagne’s shot was saved in 86th minute.

After neither squad could break the scoreless stalemate, the contest headed to its first 10-minute overtime period. Columbia had a few chances to score the golden goal with a couple of shots and two corners, but the Big Green defense held, forcing the contest into a final overtime period.

“I thought we did a nice job creating some chances and creating some corners,” Rainey said. “People were attacking and running forward to generate even more chances, so those things were good to see. Defensively we made some great plays to preserve the shutout and it was a hard fought game. I’m really proud of how our group did.”

In the second overtime, Dartmouth had a couple of shots from Remy Borinsky and Lindsay Knutson, but the Big Green could not find the back of the net, as both teams settled for the scoreless draw.

Dartmouth returns to action on Oct. 29 for Senior Day when the Big Green host Harvard at 11 a.m. The game can be seen live on Ivy League Digital Network for subscribers.