HANOVER, N.H. –  The Dartmouth women’s basketball team fought hard in a back and forth contest, but eventually fell to Marist, 66-61, at Leede Arena on Saturday afternoon.

With the loss, the Big Green fall to 3-6, while the Red Foxes improve to 4-7.

Dartmouth had three players finish the day in double-figures in scoring as junior Olivia Smith led the Big Green with 14 points, scoring 10 in the first half alone. Andi Norman also had another impressive outing with 13 points, nine of which came from beyond the arc. Ice Quinones quietly finished the day with 10 points and two steals in the 21 minutes of action she saw.

“We now have five players on the floor who can score the basketball and we didn’t always have that,” Belle Koclanes, Gail Koziara Boudreaux '82 and Family Head Coach said. “Now we have five options with players like Olivia Smith and Ice, as well as Annie McKenna at the point, Andi Norman and now and Fanni Szabo off the bench. We have some offensive options now and I want to see multiple players in double-digits.”

On the other end of the floor Lovisa Henningsdottir led Marist with 21 points, while her teammate Rebekah Hand added 18. Meanwhile Claire Oberdorf also had a decent day for the Red Foxes scoring 11 points with as many rebounds for the double-double.

Dartmouth was locked in a close contest for nearly the entire 90 minutes with 13 lead changes and tied score on nine occasions. The Big Green built a 16-10 advantage at the end of one, but a 10-0 Marist run put the Red Foxes ahead 20-16. Dartmouth punched back thanks to a pair of threes by Norman and some key shots by Quinones take a slim 30-28 lead into the locker room at the half.

Marist came out shooting the ball well in the third, capitalizing on an 8-0 run, taking a seven-point lead with 3:00 minutes to play in the quarter. It was the largest lead of the game for either team in what remained a tight contest until the final stanza.

With two minutes to play in regulation, the Big Green tied the game again with a layup by Amber Mixon. However, the Red Foxes made eight foul shots in the game’s final minutes to seal the victory. Dartmouth Junior Kate Letkewicz hit a three pointer with 27 seconds left to bring the Big Green within a possession, but Oberdorf’s pair of free throws thwarted any attempt of a late Dartmouth comeback.

The Big Green return to the court tomorrow when Dartmouth travels to Rhode Island at 4 p.m.