PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Sophomore Will Emery scored his 18th and final point — a career high — with seven seconds left on a free throw to tie the game, but Zach Hunsaker raced down the court and hit the game-winning shot as time expired to give host Brown (9-7, 2-1 Ivy) a 64-62 victory over Dartmouth (4-12, 0-3 Ivy) on Friday night at the Pizzitola Sports Center. Brandon Anderson led the Bears with 17 points, helping win their second straight game in the Ivy League.

The Big Green fell behind, 13-2, in the first six minutes and trailed by as many as 14 in the first half, then started the second stanza trailing, 37-24. The deficit was still in double figures with eight minutes to play after Anderson drove for a layup to make it 58-48, but Dartmouth scored the next seven points on an Emery three-point play and a pair of dunks.

Senior Taylor Johnson closed the gap to one with 2:50 on the clock on a pair of foul shots, and the two teams traded buckets to leave Brown with a slim 62-61 advantage. Brown had four shots to try and extend its lead but could not convert, leaving the Big Green with the ball and 14.6 seconds remaining.

After a timeout, Dartmouth got the ball inside to Emery, who scored 17 of his 18 points in the second half, who was fouled while trying to throw down another dunk. He converted the first to tie the game, but his second was off the mark and Matt DeWolf grabbed his 13th rebound for the Bears. He immediately dished to Hunsaker, who drove the length of the floor and banked in a 10-footer from the right wing for the last of his 12 points, setting off a storming of the court by the 1,072 fans in the arena.

Although the Big Green entered the game second in the Ivy League in 3-point percentage, they could not find the range from the perimeter tonight, hitting just 1-of-17 (.059) outside the arc, with that one courtesy of senior Miles Wright on Dartmouth’s first field goal of the night to end the Bears’ 13-2 run to start the game. So the Green went to work down low almost exclusively in the second half, feeding Emery, and freshmen Chris Knight (12 points) and Adrease Jackson (career highs of nine points and 13 rebounds) on the blocks where they scored 28 of the team’s 38 points after halftime.

The first half belonged to Brown as its defense forced 10 turnovers and held the Big Green to 36 percent (9-of-25) from the floor. Anderson led the offense with nine points despite picking up two fouls in the first four minutes, and DeWolf had 10 of his 13 rebounds by the intermission. Desmond Cambridge, who finished the night with 10 points, gave the Bears their largest lead of the night at 37-23 with less than a minute left in the half on a quick turnaround shot high off the glass. But Johnson sank the front end of a one-and-one to make it a 13-point game at the break.

“We simply have to find a way to do a better job of taking care of the ball and boxing out in the first half of games,” Dartmouth head coach David McLaughlin said after the game. “As much as I am proud of the way our guys battled back in the second half again, we can’t keep putting ourselves in a hole like that.”

Dartmouth initially closed the gap to three points less than eight minutes into the second half by getting shots in the post with Emery serving notice on the Big Green’s first play, flushing home a two-hand jam. A Jackson dunk and free throw, plus two foul shots by Wright left Brown with a 45-42 advantage with nearly 13 minutes left.

Anderson took control of the game for the next two minutes, scoring eight straight points to reestablish the Bears’ double-digit lead. Following another Anderson basket to keep Brown on top by 10, 58-48, Emery responded with his three-point play, then fed Knight for a dunk before providing another dunk himself, whittling the deficit down to three again with 4:10 showing on the clock. But the Big Green could not quite take the lead before suffering its fate at the buzzer.

Emery finished the game 7-of-8 from the floor and 4-of-7 at the charity stripe for his 18 points in 28 minutes off the bench. Knight was 6-of-7 on his field goals and Jackson 4-of-8 for a combined 17-of-23 (.739) from the three big men, while the rest of the team struggled at 7-of-30 (.233). Overall Dartmouth shot 45.3 percent (24-of-53) while Brown finished under 40 percent (.377, 23-of-61) due to hitting just 8-of-26 (.308) after the break.

Even though the Big Green committed more turnovers (17-11) and were outrebounded on the offensive glass (13-10), they still managed to score more points off turnovers (15-12) and on second-chance opportunities (10-8). The difference ended up coming at the foul line where Brown — the conference’s most accurate free throw shooting squad — converted 14-of-17 (.824) to just 13-of-21 (.619) for the visitors.

Dartmouth will look to end its six-game skid tomorrow night at Yale (8-11, 1-2 Ivy), which fell to Harvard this evening, 54-52. The Big Green have won just once at the Lee Amphitheater this millennium, that coming four years ago. The game will be streamed live on both ESPN3 and the Ivy League Network, now available on Apple TV, Roku and the ILN app for Android and Apple devices. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m.

Notes: Dartmouth still leads the all-time series with Brown, 80-76 … in each of its three Ivy League games this season, Dartmouth has trailed by at least 14 points and rallied to tie the game or take the lead in the final six minutes … sophomore Brendan Barry failed to hit a 3-pointer for just the second time this season, going 0-for-5 in the game … the last time the Big Green had just one 3-pointer in a game was on Dec. 5, 2015 in a 74-65 victory over Hartford … the 5.9 percent accuracy from the outside was the team’s lowest since going 0-for-9 at Princeton three years ago … Jackson’s 13 rebounds matched the most by a Big Green player this season and was his first foray into double digits.