PRINCETON, N.J. — Dartmouth scored on each of its first three possessions at Princeton, but not much else went right the rest of the evening as the host Tigers procured a convincing 85-48 victory on Saturday evening at Jadwin Gym. The outcome not only denied the Big Green (7-20, 4-10 Ivy) the possibility of a trip to the inaugural Ivy League Tournament, but also allowed Princeton (21-6, 14-0 Ivy) to record the first perfect conference season by any Ancient Eight team in nine years.

A total of 13 Tigers produced points with Spencer Weisz and Myles Stephens leading the way with 13 apiece as Princeton went deep into its bench with 15 minutes to play and a 65-24 lead. The Tigers shot an even 50 percent on the night (34-of-68) with 11 three-pointers, plus held a 42-33 advantage on the boards.

Sophomore Evan Boudreaux was the lone Dartmouth player in double figures with 15 points on 7-of-11 shooting and narrowly missed out on a double-double with nine rebounds. Senior Mike Fleming chipped in eight points in the final game of his collegiate career, but Dartmouth connected on just 17-of-54 field goals (.315) and trailed by 30 at the half, 52-22.

Fleming, senior Wesley Dickinson and Boudreaux each got shots to drop on the first three Big Green possessions, taking a 6-5 lead. But Princeton rattled off 13 straight points to quickly take command of the game. Weisz began the run with a pair of layups, and Amir Bell popped a three-pointer before Myles Stephens got three the hard way, then the easy way to go up, 18-6.

Dartmouth briefly cut the deficit back to single digits at 20-11 when freshman Ian Sistare hit from downtown, but that would be the last time the Green would be that close. The Tigers embarked on a 12-2 run with a trio of triples from Devin Cannady, Steven Cook and Weisz, interrupted only by a Boudreaux layup.

Even though the Big Green connected on three of their next four shots, including a trifecta by freshman Brendan Barry, Princeton could not be slowed as Stephens boosted the difference over 20 points for the first time at 41-20 with a bucket and 5:08 left in the half. Fleming then sank a pair of foul shots, only to have the Tigers score the final 11 points of the stanza, six coming on two Cannady long balls.

Princeton more than doubled Dartmouth’s field goals over the first 20 minutes, hitting 20-of-36 (.556) with nine three-pointers compared to just 9-of-24 (.375) and two treys for the Big Green.

The start of the second half did not go any better as the Tigers scored 15 of the first 17 points to balloon their lead to a game-high 43 at 67-24 shortly after the first media break. Princeton replaced all of its starters during the timeout, and only briefly played each of them the rest of the game, mostly to give its three star seniors the opportunity to be recognized by the crowd on Senior Night.

The remainder of the game was academic as the Big Green only got as close as 34 points at 81-47 when freshman Jonas Stakeliunas drove the baseline for a reverse layup with 3:49 to play.

Well after the game ended, Penn secured the final spot at the Ivy League Tournament by hitting a three-pointer in the final seconds to defeat Harvard, 75-72. That win, coupled with Columbia’s 75-71 loss at Yale, leaves the Quakers all alone in fourth place at 6-8, setting up a semifinal against Princeton on the Quakers’ home floor at the Palestra next Saturday. The other semifinal will feature second-seeded Harvard against the third-seeded Bulldogs.

Dartmouth ends the season tied for sixth with both Brown and Cornell. Boudreaux led the league in rebounding in conference play with exactly 10.0 rebounds per game, but was denied the scoring title when Brown’s Steven Spieth tallied 31 in the Bears’ loss to Cornell to finish the year at 19.5 points per game with Boudreaux second at 18.8. Only four Ivy League players have ever topped the loop in both categories in the same season.