HANOVER, N.H. – The Dartmouth women’s indoor track & field team picked up another home win, taking the top spot in a meet inside Leverone Field House Saturday.
The Big Green posted 175 points en route to the victory, besting Brown (120), Vermont (100) and Maine (82).
• The most dominating performance of the day for the Big Green came from the pole vaulters. Julia Valenti was first, clearing 12-7.50/3.85m, leading a contingent of five Dartmouth vaulters atop the leaderboard. Olivia Goodwin (2nd, 3.85m), Brooke Brunet (3rd, 3.70m), Catherine Rozalski (4th, 3.40m) and Shanthi Hiremath (5th, 3.40m) were outstanding for the home team as all five cleared 11 feet.
• After finishing second in the preliminaries of the 60m, sophomore Cha’Mia Rothwell ran a 7.47 in the final to earn the top spot by just one-hundredth of a second over Zion Lewis of Brown.
• Rothwell also won the long jump as her second attempt was measured at 19-4.75/5.91m, a full three-and-a-half inches better than the second-place finisher.
• Kathryn Laskoski was the top runner in the 400m, crossing in 57.81 with Danielle Okonta finishing in 59.86 to claim third and six points.
• Okonta was also second in the 60m hurdles in 9.34, behind only teammate Allison Frantz, who won in 9.16. Maria Garman was third in 9.41.
• Amelia Ali was second in the weight throw with a toss of 16.29m, while Bridget Douglas also finished in the scoring with a fourth-place showing thanks to a 14.91m throw.
• The triple jump saw Folasade Akinfe take second with a measurement of 11.84m on his fifth attempt.
• Anna DiMarcello won the 1000m in 3:01.85, nearly six seconds better than the second-place runner from Vermont.
• Nicole Debalsio finished third in the 60m final, running a 7.80. The junior then went on to claim second in the final of the 200m in 25.34.
• In the final individual event on the track, Lauren Sapone was the top finisher in the 3000m. The sophomore ran a 10:05.48 to blow away the field, as the next runner to finish was more than 13 seconds back.
• The foursome of Frantz, Garman, Kayla Gilding and Jackie Perron-Smith won the 4x400m relay in 4:02.20 in the last event of the day.