HANOVER, N.H. - The Dartmouth women’s track & field team will compete this weekend in New York City at the 2017 Ivy League Heptagonal Championship Meet.
Dates: Saturday and Sunday, February 25-26
Site: The Armory - New York
Saturday, February 25
Field events begin at 9:30 a.m., running events begin at 11:50 a.m.
Sunday, February 26
Running events begin at 10:50 a.m., field events begin at 11:30 a.m.
- Dartmouth finished the two days at Cornell’s Barton Hall third in the team standings with 101 points.
- Senior Helen Schlachtenhaufen is the team’s lone returning champion from a season ago in Ithaca. Then a junior, Schlachtenhaufen won the mile by the slimmest of margins, edging Penn’s Ashley Montgomery by 14-hundredths of a second as the Big Green harrier ran a 4:53.44. That finish earned 10 points toward the final team standings. For her efforts, she was named First Team All-Ivy League.
2016-17 TOP-5 PERFORMANCE LIST IN THE IVY LEAGUE
- 60m: Cha'Mia Rothwell / 3rd (7.45)
- 800m: Aliyah Gallup / 2nd (2:08.02)
- 800m: Bridget Flynn / 5th (2:09.42)
- 1000m: Bridget O'Neill / 4th (2:46.61)
- Mile: Helen Schlachtenhaufen / 2nd (4:40.79)
- 5000m: Olivia Lantz / 3rd (17:01.50)
- 5000m: Julia Stevenson / 4th (17:22.92)
- 60mH: Cha'Mia Rothwell / 2nd (8.46)
- Pole Vault: Julia Valenti / 4th (3.85m)
- Long Jump: Cha'Mia Rothwell / 1st (6.02m)
- Triple Jump: Akinfe Folasade / 3rd (12.20m)
- Pentathlon: Maria Garman / 4th (3316)
- Pentathlon: Miranda Lawson / 5th (3150)
Both days of the 2017 Heps will be carried on the Ivy League Digital Network for subscribers of the video service. Live, updating results will also be provided by LancerTiming.com.
WATCH THE PREVIEW
For a complete preview of this year’s championship meet, please click on the play icon above to hear head coach Sandy Ford-Centonze’s comment on the upcoming weekend in the Big Apple.