LONG BEACH, Calif. – Dartmouth women’s tennis ended spring break with a 4-3 loss to Long Beach State at the Rhodes Tennis Center on Friday. The Big Green fell to 7-7, while the 49ers improved to 7-6.
Long Beach State won at the No. 2 doubles to start things off, but that was followed up by a 7-5 victory by junior Allison Chuang and freshman Maddie Hwang. Playing at the No. 1 position, senior Julia Schroeder and freshman Abigail Chiu took down Natalia Munoz and Lalita Devarakonda by a score of 7-5 to take the first point.
Wins at the No. 1, 2, 4 and 5 spots allowed the 49ers to clinch, but play continued on the two remaining courts. At the No. 3 position, sophomore Racquel Lyn had a 7-6, 6-0 win over Maren Helgo, while Hwang took down Carlota Casasampere in three sets at No. 6.
The Big Green will open Ivy League play at home on Saturday, March 31, taking on Harvard at 2 p.m.
1) Schroeder/Chiu (Dartmouth) def. Munoz/Devarakonda (LBSU), 7-5
2) Pacholski/Sadeghvaziri (LBSU) def. Mathis/Lyn (Dartmouth), 6-3
3) Hwang/Chuang (Dartmouth) def. Casasampere/Gulin (LBSU), 7-5
1) Pacholski (LBSU) def. Mathis (Dartmouth), 6-3, 6-0
2) Munoz (LBSU) def. Schroeder (Dartmouth), 6-2, 6-4
3) Lyn (Dartmouth) def. Helgo (LBSU), 7-6, 6-0
4) Devarakonda (LBSU) def. Chiu (Dartmouth), 6-1, 7-5
5) Sadeghvaziri (LBSU) def. Guan (Dartmouth), 6-4, 7-6
6) Hwang (Dartmouth) def. Casasampere (LBSU), 6-0, 1-6, 7-6