WILLIAMSBURG, Va. – The Dartmouth women’s tennis team dropped a 6-1 decision to William & Mary at the McCormack-Nagelsen Tennis Center on Saturday afternoon. The Big Green are now 7-1 this season, while the Tribe improved to 4-5.
Junior Julia Schroeder and freshman Racquel Lyn started things off by defeating Ekaterina Stepanova and Olivia Thaler, 6-2, at the No. 2 doubles position. The Tribe won at No. 1, making it all come down to play at No. 3. It was a close one, but W&M ultimately won, 6-4, to take the doubles point.
Schroeder had a good day, going from a doubles victory to winning at No. 4 singles against Thaler, having to go to a super breaker to decide a winner. The Big Green junior dropped the first set, 7-5, before taking the second, 7-6(4) and winning the super breaker, 12-10. Both of senior Taylor Ng’s sets against Stepanova were very close, but it was Stepanova that walked away with the win.
Dartmouth will head to Richmond to play VCU at 10 a.m. on Sunday.
1) Faure/Goodman (W&M) def. Ng/Mathis (Dartmouth), 6-3
2) Schroeder/Lyn (Dartmouth) def. Stepanova/Thaler (W&M), 6-2
3) Perry/Wuenscher (W&M) def. Crawford/McCann (Dartmouth), 6-4
1) Stepanova (W&M) def. Ng (Dartmouth), 7-5, 7-6(2)
2) Faure (W&M) def. Crawford (Dartmouth), 6-3, 6-2
3) Goodman (W&M) def. Mathis (Dartmouth), 6-7(4), 6-2, 10-4
4) Schroeder (Dartmouth) def. Thaler (W&M), 5-7, 7-6(4), 1-0 (10)
5) Groener (W&M) def. Lyn (Dartmouth), 6-2, 6-3
6) Perry (W&M) def. McCann (Dartmouth), 6-1, 6-4