ATLANTA, Ga. – Dartmouth women’s tennis concluded the ITA Kick-Off Weekend by taking down South Florida, 4-3, at the Ken Byers Tennis Complex on Sunday morning. The Big Green improved to 3-1, while the Bulls fell to 0-4.
USF got things started with a 6-1 win at the No. 2 doubles position, but freshman Maddie Hwang and sophomore Allison McCann followed that up with a 7-5 win at No. 3. The match at the top spot could not have been closer, but the Bulls took that one, 7-6, to head to singles a point ahead.
A win at No. 2 singles gave USF a 2-0 lead, but No. 78 Kristina Mathis’ 6-1, 6-3 victory over Jessica Chaves got Dartmouth back in the game. The Bulls won at the No. 4 position to make it 3-1, but that was the last point the Bulls would get, as the Big Green took the next three to win the match. At the No. 6 position, Guan had a 6-3, 7-5 win over Janvhi Clark and sophomore Racquel Lyn tied things up with her three-set victory over Nicole Dzenga at No. 3. McCann clinched at the No. 5 spot with her 7-5, 4-6, 6-3 win over Alexandria Mjos.
Next weekend, Dartmouth will be back at home to host Boston College and William & Mary.
1) Dzenga/Klaris (USF) def. Mathis/Lyn (Dartmouth), 7-6
2) Chaves/Klaris (USF) def. Schroeder/Chuang (Dartmouth), 6-1
3) Hwang/McCann (Dartmouth) def. Clark/Ifuji (USF), 7-5
1) No. 78 Mathis (Dartmouth) def. Chaves (USF), 6-1, 6-3
2) Tiron (USF) def. Schroeder (Dartmouth), 6-2, 6-3
3) Lyn (Dartmouth) def. Dzenga (USF), 2-6, 6-3, 6-3
4) Vanja (USF) def. Hwang (Dartmouth), 6-4, 6-2
5) McCann (Dartmouth) def. Mijos (USF), 7-5, 4-6, 6-3
6) Guan (Dartmouth) def. Clark (USF), 6-3, 7-5