ATLANTA, Ga. — Georgia Tech belted four home runs in both ends of a doubleheader on Saturday, rallying to defeat Dartmouth in each one by finals of 12-9 and 11-5. Chase Murray had eight hits with two bombs in the two games for the Yellow Jackets (5-2) while Kyle McCann had three of their four-baggers in the second game. The Big Green (0-3) collected 15 hits in the opener, including home runs by senior Justin Fowler and junior Nate Ostmo, and junior Sean Sullivan banged out five hits in the two contests.

It was a perfect day for baseball at Russ Chandler Stadium with temperatures approaching the low 80s, and the ball was flying with a breeze blowing out to left most of the day. Murray started the scoring in the opener by blasting a 1-0 offering from Big Green starter Michael Parsons over the fence in right-center. But Dartmouth answered back in the top of the second on a two-out, two-run double off the bat of sophomore Trevor Johnson.

That lead was short-lived as Kel Johnson and Austin Wilhite led off the bottom half with back-to-back homers, their first of the year, and Murray tacked on a three-run blast to left for a 6-2 Yellow Jacket lead.

After Dartmouth knocked Georgia Tech starter Brant Hurter from his first career start on the mound in the third, senior Justin Fowler got the Green into the long-ball business by crushing the first pitch of the fourth from reliever Jake Lee well over the fence and just inside the foul pole down the left-field line. Senior Kyle Holbrook added an RBI single in the frame, but the Big Green’s big inning was still to come.

The Yellow Jackets got those two runs back in the bottom of the fifth when Tristin English smacked a two-out, two-run triple off the fence in left-center, but Dartmouth responded in the sixth by knocking Lee from the box on a run-scoring single off the bat of senior Dustin Shirley. Sophomore Michael Calamari greeted reliever Keyton Gibson by dumping an RBI single to center before Ostmo sent a 2-1 pitch over the fence in right-center to cap the five-run frame and give Dartmouth a sudden 9-8 lead.

Parsons departed after five innings in line for the win despite yielding eight runs on 10 hits, and senior Jack Fossand worked around a leadoff double in the sixth. He was one out away of getting through the seventh unscathed as well, but with the bases loaded, Carter Hall dropped a single just in front of Johnson in center to bring the tying and go-ahead runs home, giving the Yellow Jackets a 10-9 lead. In the eighth, Georgia Tech added two unearned runs for some insurance, and Jared Datoc threw two perfect innings with three strikeouts to shut the door for his first save of the season.

Gibson (1-0) was credited with the win after allowing two runs on three hits in 1.1 innings of work. Fossand (0-1) was stuck with the loss for surrendering four runs, two earned, on four hits and a pair of walks while fanning two in three frames.

Murray went 4-for-5 with the first two home runs of the year, four runs, and four RBIs to lead the 14-hit Yellow Jacket attack.

Dartmouth outhit the hosts with 15 safeties, three courtesy of Holbrook while five others banged out two knocks, including Sullivan and Ostmo who both scored twice while the latter led the Green with three RBIs on his second career dinger.

In the nightcap, Dartmouth jumped out to a 4-0 lead through two and a half innings, sending Georgia Tech starter Hugh Chapman to the showers before the end of the second. Junior Matt Feinstein led the game off with a single and came around to score on a Johnson grounder after Sullivan had doubled him to second. In the second stanza, senior Hayden Rappoport one-hopped a pitch over the fence in deep center for an RBI ground-rule double, and Feinstein and Sullivan also drove in runs on a grounder and a single, respectively.

Big Green senior hurler Clay Chatham worked out of trouble in the first and allowed just a two-out single in the second, racking up four strikeouts in the first two frames. But in the third, English hit a two-run double, and McCann launched his first homer of the game to close the gap to 4-3.

Leadoff hitter Wade Bailey knotted the score in the fourth with an RBI single through the hole on the left side, only to have Dartmouth reclaim the lead in the fifth when Calamari’s grounder to third was thrown away, allowing Sullivan — who had led off the inning with a single — to score from second.

When English deposited a pitch over the left-field fence with one out in the fifth to tie the game again, Dartmouth head coach Bob Whalen went to the bullpen in senior southpaw Marc Bachman (0-1). He was greeted rudely, however, as McCann hit his second pitch over the batter’s eye in center for a 6-5 lead. McCann then capped a four-run sixth with a two-run shot, leaving Georgia Tech on top, 10-5. Joey Bart then singled home Chase McCann in the eighth to finish the scoring.

Andy Archer (1-0) picked up the victory out of the bullpen for allowing just an unearned run on one hit over 3.1 innings, fanning four without a walk.

Seven Yellow Jackets had at least two hits as they collected 19 in all, four each by Murray and English. McCann and English both drove in four, while Murray and McCann each crossed the plate thrice.

Sullivan had three of the Big Green’s seven hits with a run and an RBI.

Dartmouth next plays in the Snowbird Classic in Florida next weekend with games against Villanova, Northeastern and Georgetown.