CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - The Dartmouth women's squash team fell to Drexel at the 2018 College Women's National Team Championships in the Kurtz Cup Final on Sunday, 6-3.
Sophomore Annie Blasberg fought hard and took her opponent to five games, but was unable to win a third to take a win. Senior Rebecca Brownell and freshman Sandra Reiss both fell in three game sweeps, along with freshman Brynn Bank.
Senior Janel Gaube had another battle for the Big Green, going into four games after securing one win from her opponent, but falling 3-1. Sophomore Julia Potter had the same struggle, falling in four games after winning one.
Freshman Ellie Gozigian grabbed one of the three wins for Dartmouth, in a long, five-game match. Gozigian won the first two but fell in the third and fourth games, entering the fifth to take her opponent down 11-4. Junior Emma Roberts and senior Zainab Molani both also one in five-game situations, ensuring the Big Green would not get out-right swept.
- Anna Hughes (Drexel) def. Annie Blasberg (Dartmouth): 6-11, 9-11, 11-5, 11-3, 11-8
- Hayley Hughes (Drexel) def. Rebecca Brownell (Dartmouth): 11-8, 11-9, 11-9
- Ryan Morgan (Drexel) def. Sandra Reiss (Dartmouth): 11-7, 11-5, 11-5
- Hannah Blatt (Drexel) def. Brynn Bank (Dartmouth): 11-6, 11-2, 11-4
- Ona Prokes (Drexel) def. Janel Gaube (Dartmouth): 12-10, 11-5, 8-11, 11-7
- Fiona Power (Drexel) def. Julia Potter (Dartmouth): 11-4, 11-5, 8-11, 11-6
- Ellie Gozigian (Dartmouth) def. Stephanie Ryan (Drexel): 11-6, 11-8, 7-11, 9-11, 11-4
- Emma Roberts (Dartmouth) def. Apoorva Addepalli (Drexel): 11-8, 11-8, 9-11, 8-11, 11-5
- Zainab Molani (Dartmouth) def. Emma Macgillivray (Drexel): 11-6, 9-11, 7-11, 11-7, 11-4