PRINCETON, N.J. – The eleventh-ranked Dartmouth women’s squash team defeated No. 16 Middlebury, 9-0 to advance to the semifinals of the Kurtz Cup in Division B of the CSA Team Nationals on Friday afternoon.
With the victory, the Big Green improve to 6-8 overall, while the Panthers finish their season with a 9-10 mark.
Freshman Julia Potter won her match in a quick three games. Meanwhile junior Janel Gaube won her first game handily before dropping the second. She managed to get back into a rhythm winning, 15-13 in the fourth. Senior Maddie Fraser had a tough first frame which ended in extra points before she pulled off the 14-12 win. Fraser dropped the second game, but managed to win the next two games and her match.
Freshman Annie Blasberg and junior Zainab Molani both won their matches in three strong games. Sophomore Emma Roberts continued the four-game trend, winning her first game before dropping the second before coming back to win her match 3-1.
Freshman Junnat Anwar and Junior Becky Brownell also won in straight games. Senior Jackie Barnes finished the afternoon with a hard-fought match where she prevailed, 3-1.
Dartmouth returns to action tomorrow where it will face the winner of Virginia and George Washington for a spot in the Kurtz Cup finals.
1. Jacqueline Barnes (DART) def. Beatrijs Kuijpers (MIDDW) 11-8,3-11,11-7,11-9
2. Annie Blasberg (DART) def. Anne Glassie (MIDDW) 11-6,11-8,11-7
3. Julia Potter (DART) def. Alexa Comai (MIDDW) 11-8,11-6,11-9
4. Zainab Molani (DART) def. Liddy Renner (MIDDW) 11-6,11-2,11-7
5. Becky Brownell (DART) def. Mira Chugh (MIDDW) 11-7,11-7,11-7
6. Janel Gaube (DART) def. Lucy Bostwick (MIDDW) 11-2,11-13,11-6,15-13
7. Junnat Anwar (DART) def. Audrey Ellen (MIDDW) 13-11,12-10,11-8
8. Emma Roberts (DART) def. Caroline Jahrling (MIDDW) 11-5,9-11,11-2,11-5
9. Maddie Fraser (DART) def. Natasha Lowitt (MIDDW) 14-12,4-11,11-7,14-12