CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Dartmouth women’s squash team started competition in the 2018 College Women’s National Team Championships last night, taking down Middlebury 8-1 in the first round.
Sophomore Annie Blasberg, senior Rebecca Brownell both swept their opponents 3-0. Freshman Sandra Reiss came back to win in a thrilling five-game match, after falling in the first game and taking the second two, her Panther opponent took the fourth game but Reiss pulled off the fifth to take the win.
The CSA Women’s Team Championships continue this evening, and the Big Green take on Williams in the semifinals.
- Annie Blasberg (D) def. Beatrijs Kuijpers (M): 11-9, 11-7, 11-8
- Rebecca Brownell (D) def. Lucy Bostwick (M): 11-2, 11-5, 11-4
- Sandra Reiss (D) def. Alexa Comai (M): 5-11, 11-3, 11-4, 9-11, 11-3
- Brynn Bank (D) def. Anne Glassie (M): 11-3, 11-7, 11-13, 11-7
- Janel Gaube (D) def. Natalie Madden (M): 11-3, 11-7, 8-11, 11-4
- Virginia Schaus (M) def. Julia Potter (D): 11-3, 9-11, 11-7, 11-7
- Ellie Gozigian (D) def. Emily Beinkampen (M): 11-9, 11-2, 11-2
- Emma Roberts (D) def. Mira Chugh (M): 11-4, 11-7, 11-8
- Zainab Molani (D) def. Natasha Lowitt (M): 12-10, 11-5, 11-6