HANOVER, N.H. – The No. 11 Dartmouth women’s squash team fell to No. 7 Penn on Saturday, 6-3. The Big Green fall to 7-4 on the season while the Quakers improve to 6-4.
First on the court was senior Becky Brownell and sophomore Julia Potter who both lost in three games against very strong opponents. Senior Zainab Molani took her time to get in a groove, dropping the first two games but ultimately winning in five.
In the second round, sophomore Annie Blasberg and freshman Brynn Bank drew up against tough Penn opponents who could not be convinced to give up any games. Freshman Ellie Gozigian at the No. 6 spot, however, managed to win in three.
For the last round, freshman Sandra Reiss and senior Janel Gaube once again drew up against the very strong, top end of the Penn team, and both matches went down in three games. Junior Emma Roberts played the last match at the No. 8 spot, dropping the first game before coming back to win in four.
Dartmouth returns to action tomorrow, facing No. 1 Princeton at home at 12 p.m.
- Reeham Sedky (P) def. Annie Blasberg (D): 11-3, 11-3, 11-1
- Melissa Alves (P) def. Rebecca Brownell (D): 11-8, 11-2, 11-8
- Marie Stephan (P) def. Sandra Reiss (D): 11-5, 11-3, 11-6
- Haley Scott (P) def. Brynn Bank (D): 11-5, 12-10, 11-2
- Lindsay Stanley (P) def. Janel Gaube (D): 11-5, 11-5, 12-10
- Julia Buchholz (P) def. Julia Potter (D): 11-6, 11-7, 11-4
- Ellie Gozigian (D) def. Cameron Munn (P): 11-9, 11-4, 11-4
- Emma Roberts (D) def. Clare Kearns (P): 9-11, 11-9, 11-7, 11-3
- Zainab Molani (D) def. Nicole Windreich (P): 5-11, 11-13, 11-7, 11-8, 11-9
- Julia Herman (D) def. Lauren Wolf (P): 11-2, 11-0, 11-3