HANOVER, N.H. – On Saturday the No. 10 Dartmouth women’s squash team hosted the No. 9 Drexel Dragons and through nine games fell short, 6-3.
Drexel came out strong, winning against senior Becky Brownell in three straight games and freshman Brynn Bank in similar fashion. Sophomore Julia Potter was unable to win a game, however junior Emma Roberts did win the first game, but was out-maneuvered in a very tight match, 3-1
In the second round, senior Zainab Molani lost the first game, but was not going to let her Dragon opponent get away, as she won the next three games to get the first win for the Big Green. Freshman Ellie Gozigian similarly lost the first game before winning the next three. Senior Janel Gaube played a long and hard match that went all the way to a tie-breaker in the fifth, ultimately going in favor of Drexel.
Freshman Sandra Reiss lost 3-0 in the number three slot. Last on the court was sophomore Annie Blasberg who put on a sterling performance, winning a solid five-game match to give Dartmouth its third win of the day.
The Big Green return to action next weekend, hosting Penn on Saturday at 12 p.m
- Annie Blasberg (H) def. Anna Hughes (V): 11-7, 6-11, 11-4, 5-11, 11-8
- Hayley Hughes (V) def. Rebecca Brownell (H): 11-9, 11-7, 11-4
- Ryan Morgan (V) def. Sandra Reiss (H): 11-6, 11-7, 12-10
- Hannah Blatt (V) def. Brynn Bank (H): 13-11, 11-6, 13-11
- Ona Prokes (V) def. Janel Gaube (H): 13-11, 10-12, 7-11, 11-7, 14-12
- Fiona Power (V) def. Julia Potter (H): 11-8, 11-9, 11-9
- Ellie Gozigian (H) def. Apoorva Addepalli: 4-11, 11-5, 11-7, 11-6
- Stephanie Ryan (V) def. Emma Roberts (H): 8-11, 12-10, 11-5, 11-4
- Zainab Molani (H) def. Emma MacGillivray (V): 4-11, 11-7, 11-4, 11-2