HANOVER, N.H.  – Junior Richie Loftus and freshman Ben Martin both had career nights in Dartmouth’s 14-8 victory over UMass Lowell on Tuesday evening. The Big Green led from start to finish and improved to 2-8 on the season, while the River Hawks dipped to 2-11.

Loftus had one goal and seven assists for eight points, almost doubling his yearly assist total, while Martin netted seven markers, which is four more than his previous game-high and puts him first on the team. Junior Jack Korzelius scored two goals and added three assists for four points, while four other players had a goal apiece. Freshman George Christopher had a great game, making 14 saves to earn his second collegiate win.

“I’m really proud of our guys tonight,” head coach Brendan Callahan said. “They came out flying from the first whistle and finished. I really feel like we’ve been progressing and we haven’t even seen the final result of that yet, but we got a reward for all the progress we’ve made. I thought George was huge for us in net. Fourteen saves and eight goals allowed is unbelievable. Our two attackmen, Ben and Richie, took our message to heart, got us going and kept us going.”

Dartmouth had a great start to the game, scoring five consecutive goals before UMass Lowell could get on the board. Korzelius came off the bench to net the first goal and Martin followed that up with four in a row in a five-minute span (5-0). Eight seconds after Martin’s fourth goal at 6:27, the River Hawks scored a pair of markers within 18 seconds to cut the Big Green’s lead to three, and the Big Green would remain slightly ahead for five minutes until UMass Lowell got one closer (5-3).

It took three and a half minutes, but Dartmouth got its stride back early in the second, scoring a trio of goals to make it 8-3. Loftus was the player of the quarter, assisting on all three markers, while Martin, Korzelius and freshman David Gallagher were credited with a goal each. The River Hawks cut the Big Green’s streak short with their only tally of the quarter, and Dartmouth headed into halftime with an 8-4 edge.

A combined four goals were scored in the first three minutes of the third quarter, with all but one of them being netted by a Big Green player. Martin got his sixth of the game, while freshmen Harlan Smart and Jack Richardson added one each, only to have the River Hawks find the back of the net a few second later to make it an 11-5 game. Christopher was great in the remaining 10 minutes of the quarter, making some huge saves to keep UMass Lowell off the board.

After six assists, Loftus scored his first goal of the game 30 seconds into the fourth to further increase Dartmouth’s lead, and it took five minutes for another tally to make its way into the back of the net, this time in UMass Lowell’s favor (12-6). At 8:08, Martin and Loftus paired up for the fourth time that night, while junior Cormac Dugan scored his first goal of the season and the second of his collegiate career soon after (14-6). The River Hawks got two back, but ran out of time before they could do any more damage (14-8).

UMass Lowell outshot Dartmouth, 46-33. The River Hawks went 1-for-3 with the extra man, while the Big Green went 3-for-4.

Just three games remain on the Big Green’s schedule. On Saturday, April 15, Dartmouth will host No. 13 Princeton at 12 p.m.