HANOVER, N.H. - Just 48 seconds into overtime, freshman Ali Savage (Orange, New South Wales, Australia) scored the game-winning goal to lift the Dartmouth field hockey team to a 2-1 victory over Cornell on Senior Day at Chase AstroTurf Field Sunday afternoon.

Junior Lisa Masini's (Ann Arbor, Mich.) team-leading 18th assist of the season set up Savage in the low circle who finished the play with a shot into the bottom left corner. The winner was the 12th of the year for the freshman forward.

Although not earning an assist, junior Maya Herm (Bethesda, Md.) started the play near midfield by pushing the ball up to Masini that led the team to the win over Cornell (7-10, 1-6 Ivy).

Dartmouth (10-7, 5-2 Ivy) twice went to overtime this season with Savage scoring the winner in both. At Brown on Sept. 24, Savage scored the OT tally eight minutes into the extra period to beat the Bears, 4-3, with her fifth-career goal.

In the early going, it appeared as if Sunday's game would be a high-scoring affair with senior Meghan Everett (Flemington, N.J.) scoring the eighth goal of her final season in a Dartmouth uniform just 3:23 into the game. Everett buried a rebound past Cornell's goalkeeper, Alex Botte, to start the day's scoring.

Everett's marker was her eighth of 2011 and gave her 17 points, setting new career highs in both categories.

The Big Red's Kat DiPastina knotted the score at 1-1 soon thereafter. Just12:51 into the first half, DiPastina redirected a shot from Brittany Thompson in the middle of the circle for the Big Red's lone goal of the day.

Dartmouth's junior goalkeeper Jenna Stearns (Thornton, N.H.) and Cornell's Botte kept both teams off the board the rest of the way, as neither was able to score the remainder of regulation.

Stearns played nearly the entire game, but a nice gesture by head coach Amy Fowler gave senior goalkeeper Meagan Vakiener (Port Murray, N.J.) the opportunity to start the game on Senior Day. The game started and one second ticked off the clock before an official timeout was called and Stearns came in to replace the injured Vakiener appearing in her final game in a Big Green uniform.

Stearns finished with three saves on the afternoon, while Botte was tested throughout as the Dartmouth offense sustained pressured for a majority of the contest. Botte turned aside 11 shots, but picked up the loss by allowing Savage's overtime winner.

The Big Green end the 2011 season with two straight victories after last Saturday's 1-0 win at Harvard.

Following the overtime period, a Senior Day ceremony was held at midfield for Vakiener, Everett and co-captains Kelly Hood (Berlin, N.H.) and Kerry Bracco (Hampton Falls, N.H.), honoring the four players for their dedication and hard work over the course of their careers in a Dartmouth uniform.