NEW HAVEN, CONN. - The No. 9 Dartmouth men's squash team cruised to an 8-1 victory against No. 16 in the opening round of the Hoehn Cup.
The 2013 Hoehn Cup is hosted by Yale, contested at the Brady Squash Center and features the No. 9 - No.16 ranked teams in the country.
The top-seeded Big Green avenged a 6-3 loss to the Bears on senior day with the victory, improving to 8-8 on the season. The win also snapped a two match losing streak for the team from the Upper Valley as they registered more than seven points in a victory for the first time since Jan. 13 against Penn.
For the first time this season, the Green and White won all of their points via three game triumphs.
Hanson, Pease and Funk have now won four straight matches for the Green and White, while Jung and Fisch have notched back-to-back victories.
Dartmouth returns to action tomorrow, Feb. 23 squaring off against No. 13 Western Ontario. The match is set to begin at 4:00 p.m.
DARMOUTH 8, BROWN 1
1. Hanson, Chris (D) def. Reinson, Blake (B), 3-0/ 11-3,11-2,11-0
2. Jung, Chris (D) def. Booth, Oliver (B), 3-0/ 11-7,11-5,11-3
3. Greer, Alexander (D) def. O'Connor, Eamon (B), 3-0/ 11-6,11-4,11-8
4. Martino, Kyle (D) def. Blasberg, Jack (B), 3-0/ 11-3,11-6,11-8
5. Mistras, Michael (D) lost to Holter, Christopher (B), 3-1/ 11-13,11-6,11-7,11-9
6. Kurth, Alex (D) def. Snower, Michael (B), 3-0/ 11-7,11-3,11-9
7. Pease, Fletcher (D) def. Holberton, Tod (B), 3-0/ 11-3,11-3,11-6
8. Funk, Mark (D) def. Lebovitz, Charles C. (B), 3-0/ 11-2,11-9,11-8
9. Fisch, James (D) def. Hsu, Alexander (B), 3-0/ 13-11,11-2,11-7