HANOVER, N.H. – The Dartmouth men’s tennis team dropped its final match of the season on Saturday, falling, 6-1, to No. 21 Harvard in Ivy League action at the Topliff Tennis Courts.
The Big Green (9-14, 1-6 Ivy League) honored the members of the class of 2013 in the final home match of their careers, while the Crimson (18-5, 6-1 Ivy League) won their second straight outright conference title.
Senior’s Xander Centenari, Alex de Chatellus and Mike Jacobs competed for the Big Green for the final time. Centenari fell in straight sets at No. 1 singles and all three dropped their doubles matches.
Harvard scored the first point of the day, sweeping doubles action.
In singles play, Brendan Tannenbaum scored the only point for Dartmouth winning his match against Casey MacMaster at No. 6.
Junior Brandon DeBot dropped a three-set thriller at No. 4, while the other members of the Big Green each lost in straight sets.
Harvard 6, Dartmouth 1
1. MacMaster/D. Nguyen (H) def. Centenari/DeBot (D), 8-4
2. Hu/A. Nguyen (H) def. Tannenbaum/de Chatellus (D), 8-4
3. Lam/Steinroeder (H) def. Kipouras/Jacobs (D), 8-2
1. Denis Nguyen (H) def. Xander Centenari (D), 6-2, 6-4
2. Shaun Chaudhuri (H) def. Chris Kipouras (D), 6-1, 6-2
3. Andy Nguyen (H) def. Cameron Ghorbani (D), 6-3, 6-1
4. Alex Steinroeder (H) def. Brandon DeBot (D), 6-7(2), 6-2, 10-3
5. Nicky Hu (H), def. Justin Chan (D), 7-5, 7-5
6. Brendan Tannenbaum (D) def. Casey MacMaster (H), 7-5, ret.