PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Dartmouth men’s tennis team dropped their fourth straight Ivy League match on Sunday afternoon, falling, 4-3, to Brown at the Bears indoor tennis facility.
The Big Green (9-13, 1-5 Ivy League) have not won on the road in conference action since April 22 of last season, while the Bears (13-9, 2-3 Ivy League) snapped a three match losing streak to the Green and White in league play.
Dartmouth got off to a quick start, taking two of three doubles matches to secure the first point. Xander Centenari and Brandon DeBot won, 8-5, at No. 1 and the tandem of Brendan Tannenbaum and Alex de Chatellus scored an 8-6 triumph at No. 2.
The Bears would rally in singles action to take four of the six matches en route to the come-from-behind victory. DeBot and Justin Chan each netted three-set triumphs for the Big Green.
After dropping the first set, 7-6, DeBot rallied to win the next two and Chan gutted out his victory after dropping the opening set as well.
Dartmouth wraps up the spring season on Saturday, April 27, hosting Ivy League rival Harvard at 2 p.m. The Big Green will honor the Class of 2013 as Mike Jacobs, Alex de Chatellus and Xander Centenari will be recognized during senior day festivities.
For updates on the men's tennis team throughout the season like Dartmouth Men’s Tennis on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @DartMensTennis.
BROWN 4, DARTMOUTH 3
1) Burke/Spector (B) lost to Centenari/Debot (D) 8-5
2) Riechmann/Hirschberg (B) lost to Tannenbaum/De Chatellus (D) 8-6
3) To/Da Silveira (B) beat Todd/Kipouros (D) 8-4
Order of finish (2,3,1)
1) Riechmann (B) beat Centenari (D) 6-2 6-3
2) Spector (B) beat Kipouros (D) 6-3 6-3
3) Fife (B) beat Ghorbani (D) 5-7 6-2 6-3
4) Hirschberg (B) lost to Debot (D) 6-7(5) 6-1 7-5
5) Burke (B) beat Nordahl (D) 4-6 6-4 6-1
6) Da Silveira (B) lost to Chan (D) 4-6 7-6(4) (10-5)
order of finish: (1,2,5,3,6,4)