BLACKSBURG, VA. – The Dartmouth men’s tennis team snapped a two match losing streak on Friday afternoon, topping Radford, 4-2, at the Burrows-Burleson Tennis Center on the campus of Virginia Tech.
The Big Green (6-8) bounced back nicely after falling to Elon and UNC Wilmington securing the doubles and singles points en route to their third road win of the six match spring trip.
In doubles action, Xander Centenari and Brandon DeBot won their match, 8-4, at the No. 1 spot, while Cameron Ghorbani and Chris Kipouras cruised to an 8-1 triumph at the No. 3 spot. The duo of Brendan Tannenbaum and Alex de Chatellus were leading their match, 7-1.
In singles action, Tannenbaum sealed the Dartmouth victory with a straight set vicory against Randall Carter at the No. 6 position. Erik Nordahl won a three-set thriller at the No. 4 spot, while Xander Centanari notched a come-from-behind three set win at the top spot.
The Big Green wrap up their spring road trip on March 23 travelling to Johnson City to face East Tennessee State at 2:00 p.m.
DARTMOUTH 4, RADFORD 2
1. Xander Centenari / Brandon DeBot (DC) def. Nicholas Sayer / Thomas Dehaen (RU), 8-4
2. Brendan Tannenbaum / Alex de Chatellus (DC) led Stijn Meulemans / Joe Mills (RU), 7-1
3. Cameron Ghorbani / Chris Kipouras (DC) def. Patrick O'Keefe / Randall Carter (RU), 8-1
Order of finish: 3, 1*
1. Xander Centenari (DC) def. Thomas Dehaen (RU), 5-7, 6-0, 6-0
2. Nicholas Sayer (RU) def. Chris Kipouras (DC), 6-2, 4-6, 6-4
3. Stijn Meulemans (RU) def. Cameron Ghorbani (DC), 3-6, 6-1, 6-2
4. Erik Nordahl (DC) def. Joe Mills (RU), 7-5, 4-6, 7-5
5. Brandon DeBot (DC) led Patrick O'Keefe (RU), 6-5
6. Brendan Tannenbaum (DC) def. Randall Carter (RU), 6-1, 6-1
Order of finish: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6*