WILMINGTON, N.C. – The Dartmouth men’s tennis team opened its spring break road swing with a 7-0 loss to UNC Wilmington on Tuesday afternoon at the UNCW courts.
The loss snapped a three game winning streak for the Big Green (6-7), while the Seahawks (11-4) won their tenth straight home match.
In the first ever meeting between the two schools, UNCW swept both the singles and doubles matches.
In doubles action, the duos of Xander Centenari / Brandon DeBot and Sam Todd / Mike Jacobs each lost their matches, 8-6, at No. 1 and No. 3, respectively. At No. 2, Alex de Chatellus and Brendan Tannenbaum dropped their match, 8-7 (7-3).
In singles action, the Seahawks took five of the six matches in straight sets. The lone member of the Big Green to force a third game was Sam Todd who fell 7-6 (8-6), 3-6, 6-1.
Dartmouth continues its North Carolina portion of the road trip March 20 taking on Elon at 3:00 p.m.
UNCW 7, Dartmouth 0
1. #33 Rafael Aita (UNCW) def. Xander Centenari (DART) 6-4, 6-3
2. Chris Cooprider (UNCW) def. Brandon DeBot (DART) 6-0, 6-3
3. Sam Williams (UNCW) def. Brendan Tannenbaum (DART) 6-4, 6-0
4. Kosta Blank (UNCW) def. Justin Chan (DART) 7-6 (7-3), 6-0
5. Kaue Pereira (UNCW) def. Sam Todd (DART) 7-6 (8-6), 3-6, 6-1
6. Zach Hublitz (UNCW) def. Mike Jacobs (DART) 6-0, 6-0
1. Chris Cooprider/Kosta Blank (UNCW) def. Xander Centenari/Brandon DeBot (DART) 8-6
2. Rafael Aita/Sam Williams (UNCW) def. Alex de Chatellus/Brendan Tannenbaum (DART) 8-7 (7-3)
3. Santtu Leskinen/Kaue Pereira (UNCW) def. Sam Todd/Mike Jacobs (DART) 8-6