LOS ANGELES, Calif. — The 67th-ranked Dartmouth men's tennis team extended its winning streak to five on Tuesday after defeating Loyola Marymount, 6-1. The win improved the Big Green to 12-1 and a perfect 7-0 outside of Hanover. The Lions dropped to 7-6 and had their three-match winning streak snapped.
Dartmouth lost the doubles point, but responded by sweeping the six singles matches. The duo of Brandon DeBot (Stevens Point, Wis.) and Cameron Ghorbani (Lexington, Mass.) earned the lone doubles win for the Big Green at the second spot, 8-6.
The Big Green evened the score at one when senior Chris Ho (Los Altos, Calif.) defeated Nick Northcott, 6-4, 6-0, in sixth singles. Junior Xander Centenari (Towson, Md.) gave Dartmouth a 2-1 advantage, beating Alex Wilton, 6-3, 6-3, in the second spot. At first singles, senior Michael Laser (Glencoe, Ill.) topped Nicholas Bjerke, 6-4, 6-2. The Big Green clnched the match on court three after Ghorbani beat Sebastian Bustamante, 7-5, 6-2.In the remaining singles contests, freshman Chris Kipouras (San Ramon, Calif.) came back from a one-set deficit to beat Todd Volmari, 2-6, 6-3, 6-2, in fourth singles. On court five, DeBot bested Felix Van Kann, 4-6, 7-6, 1-0 (10-8).
The Big Green return to the action on Friday when they play at San Francisco at 11 a.m.
1. (DAR) def. Nicholas Bjerke (LMU): 6-4, 6-2
2. (DAR) def. Alex Wilton (LMU): 6-3, 6-3
3. (DAR) def. Sebastian Bustamante (LMU): 7-5, 6-2
4. (DAR) def. Todd Volmari (LMU): 2-6, 6-3, 6-2
5. (DAR) def. Felix Van Kann (LMU): 4-6, 7-6, 1-0 (10-8)
6. (DAR) def. Nick Northcott (LMU): 6-4, 6-0
1. Nicholas Bjerke/Sebastian Bustamante (LMU) def. #48 /Alex de Chatellus (DAR): 8-5
2. / (DAR) def. Alex Wilton/Felix van Kann (LMU): 8-6
3. Todd Volmari/Daniel Simko (LMU) def. / (DAR): 9-7