NEW HAVEN, CONN. – The Dartmouth men’s tennis completely dominated Yale on Friday afternoon, sweeping the Bulldogs, 4-0, to clinch the win in just two hours.
After easily handling the Bulldogs in doubles play, the Big Green won the bottom three flights in single competition to clinch the win. The duo of Cameron Ghorbani and Brendan Tennenbaum won 8-2 and George Wall and Doyvas Sakinis won 8-3. Brandon DeBot and Chris Kipouras had a 6-3, but the match was unfinished when the team claimed the second win.
In singles play, Diego Pedraza, Wall and Tennenbaum each won at flights four, five and six. Pedraza won 6-2 and 6-3, Wall won 6-3 and 6-1, and Tennenbaum won 6-2 and 6-0.
“Our goal for this match was to come out with a more dominant presence and we definitely accomplished that today,” said head coach Chris Drake. “We jumped all over Yale on all three courts in doubles and really kept our foot on the gas all the way from there through the end of the match. Yale is a good team that has played very close matches during Ivy play so we knew we would have to play well to build on our early lead from doubles. The guys did a great job playing with a sense of urgency even after taking the doubles point.”
“We have another tough match coming up on Sunday against Brown at 1pm. It is the last home match for our seniors Brandon DeBot and Cameron Ghorbani. These two players have been critical in the development of our program over the last four years so we’d like to have a great crowd to give them a nice send off,” said Drake.
1. #30 Ghorbani / Tannenbaum (Dart) def .Lu / Svenning (Yale) 8-2
2. DeBot / Kipouras (Dart) v. Chase / Dawson (Yale) 6-3 (Unf.)
3. Wall / Sakinis (Dart) def. Faierman / Hagermoser (Yale) 8-3
1. Sakinis (Dart) v. Lu (Yale) 7-5, 2-1 (unf.)
2. Kipouras (Dart) v. Svenning (Yale) 6-2, 4-6 (Unf.)
3. Faierman (Yale) v. DeBot (Dart) 6-4, 4-1 (Unf.)
4. Pedraza (Dart) def Dawson (Yale) 6-2, 6-3
5. Wall (Dart) def Photiades (Yale) 6-3, 6-1
6. Tannenbaum (Dart) def Krumholz (Yale) 6-2, 6-0