STILLWATER, Okla. – The Dartmouth men’s tennis team suffered its first setback of the season on Saturday afternoon, falling, 4-0, to No. 51 Oklahoma State at the Greenwood Tennis Center.
For the first time this year, the Big Green (3-1) did not take the doubles point to open the match. The Cowboys (5-0) secured the match’s first point with a 6-5 win at No. 3 doubles, after winning at No. 2, 6-3. Dartmouth’s No. 36 ranked duo of Cameron Ghorbani and Brendan Tannenbaum were trailing their match, 5-4, at No. 1 when Oklahoma State won the point.
In singles action, the Cowboys won matches at No. 2, No. 5 and No. 6 to seal the victory. Dovydas Sakinis was winning for Dartmouth in the third set of his match at No. 1. Sakinis won the first set and was leading, 4-1, when play was halted. Brandon DeBot was also winning in the third set of his match at No. 3 for the Green and White.
The Big Green return to Hanover next weekend, Jan. 31 – Feb. 1, hosting East Tennessee State and Radford in non-conference action. The match with the Pirates is set for Friday at 6 p.m. and the contest with the Highlanders gets underway Saturday at 5 p.m.
No. 51 Oklahoma State 4, Dartmouth 0
1. Sude/Campbell (OSU) vs. #36 Ghorbani/Tannenbaum (DART) 5-4 uf.
2. Kadhe/Bohrnstedt (OSU) def. DeBot/Sakinis (DART) 6-3
3. Gerch/Ferrigno (OSU) def. Pedroza/Kipouras (DART) 6-5(1)
Order of finish: (2, 3)
1. Jakob Sude (OSU) vs. Dovydas Sakinis (DART) 4-6, 6-2, 1-4 uf.
2. Sebastian Sachs (OSU) def. Chris Kipouras (DART) 6-1, 6-1
3. Arjun Kadhe (OSU) vs. Brandon DeBot (DART) 4-6, 6-5(3), 2-3 uf.
4. Lucas Gerch (OSU) vs. George Wall (DART) 3-6, 6-0, 5-2 uf.
5. Brady Bohrnstedt (OSU) def. Diego Pedraza (DART) 6-0, 4-6, 6-4
6. Nicolai Ferrigno (OSU) def. Sam Todd (DART) 6-3, 6-3
Order of finish: (2, 6, 5)