STILLWATER, Okla. – The Dartmouth men’s tennis team scored a 4-3 victory over No. 58 Arkansas on Friday afternoon at the Greenwood Tennis Center on the campus of Oklahoma State.
The Big Green won their third straight contest to open the season 3-0, while the Razorbacks dropped their second in a row to fall to 2-2.
For the third consecutive match, Dartmouth got off to a quick start with a sweep in doubles action. The Green and White took all three matches by scores of 6-5. The tightly-contest matches swung in Dartmouth’s favor as the team took an early 1-0 edge.
In singles action, the two squads split the six matches. Junior Chris Kipouras secured the Big Green win with a three-set triumph versus Jovan Parlic at No. 2. Kipouras won the battle to help the team from the Upper Valley take down the SEC foe.
The other Dartmouth players to net victories in singles were Dovydas Sakinis and George Wall at No. 1 and No. 5, respectively. Sakinis won in straight sets, while Wall earned a come-from-behind three-set win.
The Big Green conclude their weekend in the Sooner State tomorrow, Jan. 25, with a non-conference match against Oklahoma State.
Dartmouth 4, No. 58 Arkansas 3
1. Nott/den Toom (ARK) def. #36 Ghorbani/Tannenbaum (DART), 6-5(5)
2. Sakinis/DeBot (DART) def. Fess/Thomason (ARK), 6-5(0)
3. Kipouras/Pedraza (DART) def. Parlic/Munoz (ARK), 6-5(5)
Order of finish: (2, 3, 1)
1. Dovydas Sakinis (DART) def. Mike Nott (ARK), 6-5(8), 6-1
2. Chris Kipouras (DART) def. Jovan Parlic (ARK), 6-4, 2-6, 6-3
3. Hall Fess (ARK) def. Brandon DeBot (DART), 6-5(5), 6-5(5)
4. Santiago Munoz (ARK) def. Cameron Ghorbani (DART), 6-4, 2-6, 6-5(4)
5. George Wall (DART) def. Christian Lee (ARK), 2-6, 6-1, 6-1
6. Johan den Toom (ARK) def. Sam Todd (DART), 4-6, 6-5(7), 6-2
Order of finish: (1, 5, 3, 6, 2, 4)