HANOVER, N.H. - In its first match of the 2013 spring season, the Dartmouth men's tennis team fell to Clemson, 4-0, at the Boss Tennis Center and Gordon Pavilion on Friday evening in the opening contest of the Dartmouth Kickoff Classic.
This weekend, the Big Green and their opponents are abandoning any matches still on court once the doubles point and match have been decided.
In the match, the Green and White were at match point in the remaining doubles point and were ahead in two of the singles matches still in progress when the Tigers earned the victory.
The duo of Brendan Tannenbaum and Cameron Ghorbani fell at No. 1 doubles, 8-2, while Alex De Chatellus and Erik Nordahl dropped their match 8-6 at No. 2 doubles.
When the match was called, Ghorbani was leading his match at No. 2 singles 7-6, 1-0. Xander Centenari and Brandon Debot were also leading 7-6 at No. 3 doubles and serving up 40-15 when Clemson secured the victory.
The squad wraps up the Dartmouth Kickoff Classic, Jan. 26, as it squares off against Purdue. The match is set to begin at 4:00 p.m.
4, DARTMOUTH 0
1. Maden / Maden (C) d. Tannenbaum / Ghorbani (D), 8-2
2. Wibowo / Meza (C) d. De Chatellus / Nordahl (D), 8-6
3. Centenari / DeBot (D) led. Rigsby / Harrington (C), 7-6 (40-15) when abandoned
1. Maden (C) d Centenari (D), 6-2, 6-3
2. Ghorbani (D) led Harrington (C), 7-6, 1-0 when abandoned
3. Meza (C) d Kipouras (D), 6-3, 6-0
4. Maden (C) d. Nordahl (D), 6-3, 6-2
5. Rigsby (C) led Todd (D), 6-4, 4-5 when abandoned
6. Chan (D) led Wibowo (C), 6-4, 4-3 when abandoned