HANOVER, N.H. — The 62nd-ranked Dartmouth men's tennis team earned a 4-3 victory over Princeton on Saturday at the Boss Tennis Center. With the score tied 3-3, sophomore Brandon DeBot (Stevens Point, Wis.) and Matt Siow were the last match on the courts playing sixth singles. DeBot secured the Dartmouth victory, winning his match in straight sets, 6-3, 6-2. The Big Green improved to 16-2 overall and 2-1 in the Ivy League. The Tigers fell to 12-9.
Dartmouth took a 1-0 lead in the match after claiming the doubles point. The team won two of the three doubles matches with senior Michael Laser (Glencoe, Ill.) and junior Alex de Chatellus (Tiburon, Calif.) upsetting 44th-ranked Siow and Matt Spindler, 8-4, at first doubles. The Big Green also took the third doubles match, 8-3, behind the play of junior Michael Jacobs (Oak Park, Ill.) and sophomore Cameron Ghorbani (Lexington, Mass.).
Princeton tied the match at one after winning at first singles. Freshman Chris Kipouras (San Ramon, Calif.) pushed the Dartmouth lead to 2-1, defeating Ravi Yegya-Raman at fifth singles, 6-3, 6-2. The Tigers evened the match again by winning fourth singles. The Big Green regained their one-point advantage when Ghorbani came back from a one-set deficit to win at the third spot, 3-6, 6-3, 6-3. Princeton took second singles in three sets to even the match, but Dartmouth took the match after DeBot's performance.
It marked the second time this year the Big Green defeated the Tigers. Dartmouth beat Princeton at the ECAC Championship, 4-2, on Feb. 17. The win on Saturday also ended a five-match winning streak for the Tigers.
The Big Green return to the courts on Sunday when they host Penn at 2 p.m.
Dartmouth 4, Princeton 3
1. #82 Matija Pecotic (Prin) def. Michael Laser (Dar): 6-0, 6-1
2. Matt Spindler (Prin) def. Xander Centenari (Dar): 7-5, 1-6, 6-1
3. Cameron Ghorbani (Dar) def. Augie Bloom (Prin): 3-6, 6-3, 6-3
4. Dan Richardson (Prin) def. Chris Ho (Dar): 6-3, 6-0
5. Chris Kipouras (Dar) def. Ravi Yegya-Raman (Prin): 6-3, 6-2
6. Brandon DeBot (Dar) def. Matt Siow (Prin): 6-3, 6-2
1. Laser/Alex de Chatellus (Dar) def. #44 Siow/Spindler (Prin): 8-4
2. Michael Lin/Yohei Shoji (Prin) def. DeBot/Centenari (Dar): 8-5
3. Michael Jacobs/Ghorbani (Dar) def. Dan Davies/Bloom (Prin): 8-3