HANOVER, N.H. — Sophomores John Golden and Gabas Maldunas led five Dartmouth players in double figures with 13 points to lead the Big Green to a 75-58 victory over visiting Army at Leede Arena on Tuesday night. The win snapped a seven-game skid for Dartmouth (3-10) and gave Paul Cormier his 100th victory with the Big Green in his two stints as head coach in Hanover.

Army (7-8) got 15 points from leading scorer Ella Ellis but struggled from the floor, shooting 35.8 percent (19-of-53) overall and 30 percent (6-of-20) from long range.

Dartmouth matched its best shooting percentage of the season, connecting on 22-of-49 (.449) for the third time this year. But it was the Big Green’s performance beyond the arc that allowed them to open up a lead as large as 25, knocking down a season-high 52.6 percent (10-of-19) three-pointers with five different players providing at least one triple.

Golden did the majority of his scoring at the free throw line, where he was 8-of-11, but he also handed out a team-high four helpers on the night while hauling in a season-high eight rebounds. Maldunas was 6-of-11 from the floor in scoring his 13 points, plus grabbed six rebounds, four on the offensive glass. Freshmen Connor Boehm and Alex Mitola scored 11 points each, and junior Tyler Melville chipped in 10 off the bench. Leading the Big Green on the boards was sophomore Jvonte Brooks with a dozen rebounds for his highest output this season to go along with nine points, narrowly missing out on his sixth career double-double.

The game was a tight defensive struggle early with neither team opening up a lead larger than four over the first 14 minutes as they battled to a 20-20 tie. The three-pointers started coming in earnest for Dartmouth at that point as Melville and Mitola provided back-to-back treys for a six-point advantage. Ellis stemmed the tide with four free throws, but Mitola came back with another trifecta before rookie Kevin Crescenzi got into the act with a pair of three-pointers to help the Big Green build a nine-point bulge at 35-26.

Mitola gave Dartmouth its first double-digit advantage with a pair of foul shots in the final minute of the half, but a layup by Army’s Kyle Toth sent the teams into the locker room with the score at 37-28.

After starting the game 1-of-11 from the floor, the Big Green found the range and hit 11 of their last 18 shots in the half. Dartmouth drilled 7-of-13 from three-point range, with the only shooting concern coming at the foul line where the team was just 6-of-12. Melville and Mitola paced the Green with eight points and two three-pointers apiece.

Army, meanwhile, was a woeful 8-of-29 (.276) on field goals but a perfect 8-of-8 at the charity stripe. The leading scorers at the break for the Black Knights were Ellis and Toth, each with eight points as well.

Dartmouth did not let up in the second half, never allowing Army to come closer than nine points. An early 7-0 run, fueled by two driving layups by Maldunas and a Boehm three-pointer, pushed the lead to 16 at 49-33. The Black Knights fought their way back to a nine-point deficit at 52-43 before the two sides traded a pair of free throws.

That was when the Big Green put the game out of reach, rattling off 13 straight points — seven by Golden — in less than three minutes. Brooks sank two foul shots before Golden swished a three. Then it was Golden’s turn at the stripe, canning two free throws, and Brooks followed with a putback. Two more Golden freebies ballooned the lead to 20, and Boehm capped the surge with a layup after an offensive rebound. Army’s Kyle Wilson briefly interrupted Dartmouth with a bucket, only to have Mitola rain in his final three-pointer to make it a 70-47 game with more than seven minutes on the clock.

That three-pointer turned out to be the final field goal for the Big Green as they worked a four corners offense to shorten the game. Dartmouth hit 5-of-6 from the line to take a 25-point advantage at 75-50 with 5:49 remaining, then did not score for the rest of the game to settle for the 17-point victory.

The free throw concerns from the first half vanished in the second stanza as the Big Green drained 15-of-19 (.789) at the line after halftime to finish 21-of-31 (.677). Dartmouth also hit half of its field goals (10-of-20) in the second half with all 10 buckets coming in the first 15 attempts.

The victory allows Dartmouth to start Ivy League play this weekend on a high note when it hosts the defending champion, Harvard (8-5), on Saturday at 4 p.m. Army begins its conference schedule in the Patriot League on Saturday as well when it travels to Bucknell for a 7 p.m. game.

Notes: The last time Dartmouth scored 70 points in a game came on Jan. 14, 2012 when it beat Longwood, 83-67 … the 17-point margin of victory was the largest for the Big Green since Nov. 27, 2010 when they defeated Colgate, 80-63 … Cormier is the fifth head coach to win 100 games at Dartmouth, joining Alvin “Doggie” Julian (183, 1950-67), Osborne Cowles (144, 1936-43, ’44-46), Cormier’s former assistant Dave Faucher (136, 1991-2004) and A.D. “Dolly” Stark (101, 1928-36) ... Cormier is 100-153 in 10 seasons in Hanover, 186-264 in 17 seasons as a collegiate head coach.