NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The Dartmouth women are tied for third place after one day of competition at the 2017 Ivy League Heptagonal Outdoor Track & Field Championship.
The Big Green have 29 points are trail only Penn (35) and Harvard (33), while tied with Princeton (29) competing at Yale's Cuyler Field and Dwyer Track.
- The Big Green earned 22 of those 29 points thanks to a dominating performance in the javelin throw.
o Sophomore Olivia Wiener improved on her second-place finish from a year ago by winning the event in 2017 on her fifth throw of the day, which measured 142-6.0/43/43m. In doing so, Wiener not only earned 10 points for her team, but also earned a First-Team All-Ivy honor in the process.
o Junior Bridget Douglas earned the second-team honor that Weiner had collected last season with her sixth throw on Saturday at Yale. On her final attempt of the day, Douglas' toss measured 138-7.0/42.25m to move into second and earn eight points.
o The four remaining points came from a fourth-place finish for senior Moriah Morton. Like Douglas, Morton's best throw came on her final attempt of the day and measured 136-3/41.53m
- Freshman Cha'Mia Rothwell picked up her first points of the outdoor meet with a third-place finish in the long jump. On her third attempt, Rothwell jumped 5.95m to add six points to her team's total.
- Sophomore Amelia Ali added the final point with a sixth-place finish in the hammer throw. Ali's best toss of the day came on her third throw and was measured at 54.48m.
- Rothwell was also the top qualifier in the 100m hurdles in a Dartmouth-record 13.23, the second-fastest time in Heps history and the fastest in the last two decades.
- Rothwell will also move on in the 200m as she was fourth in the prelims, running a 24.01 in the fastest heat of the day.
- The 1500m final on Sunday will see two Big Green harriers as junior Bridget Flynn was second in 4:32.50 and senior Helen Schlachtenhaufen was third in 4:34.37.
- Freshman Claire Dougherty earned the final qualifying spot in the 800m as her 2:11.45 was good for eighth in the preliminaries.
Event finals and more points are on the line all day, including the relay races. The entirety of Sunday's meet can be seen live on the Ivy League Digital Network.