HANOVER, N.H. – No. 43 Dartmouth women’s tennis returned home after a seven-match road trip to play its first home match in over a month on Sunday, falling to Brown, 5-2, at the Thompson outdoor courts. The Big Green dipped to 13-4 overall and 1-2 in Ivy League play, while the Bears improved to 11-6 and 2-1.
Dartmouth easily took the doubles point when senior Taylor Ng and junior Kristina Mathis took down Dayna Lord and Alyza Benotto, 6-0, at No. 1 and junior Julia Schroeder and freshman Racquel Lyn had a 6-1 win over Maddie Stearns and Mariska Chamdani at the No. 2 position.
Brown went on to win five singles matches to clinch the win, but three of those matches were very close and went to three sets. At the No. 5 spot, Lyn had a 6-3, 7-5 defeat of Katie Ta to give the Big Green their second point of the day.
This Friday and Saturday, Dartmouth will head to New York to face Cornell and Columbia.
1) Ng/Mathis (Dartmouth) def. Lord/Benotto (Brown), 6-0
2) Schroeder/Lyn (Dartmouth) def. Stearns/Chamdani (Brown), 6-1
3) Crawford/McCann (Dartmouth) vs. Jack/Cosme (Brown), 2-2, DNF
1) Benotto (Brown) def. Ng (Dartmouth), 6-7, 6-1, 6-1
2) Lord (Brown) def. Crawford (Dartmouth), 6-2, 6-1
3) Stearns (Brown) def. Mathis (Dartmouth), 1-6, 6-4, 6-4
4) Jack (Brown) def. Schroeder (Dartmouth), 6-3, 6-1
5) Lyn (Dartmouth) def. Ta (Brown), 6-3, 7-5
6) Cosme (Brown) def. Guan (Dartmouth), 6-0, 1-6, 6-3