NEW HAVEN, Conn. – No. 43 Dartmouth women’s tennis came back from a dropped doubles point to win four of the six singles matches, defeating Yale by a score of 4-3 at the Cullman-Heyman Tennis Center on Friday afternoon.
With the win, the Big Green improved to 13-3 and 1-1 in Ivy League play, while the Bulldogs dipped to 7-12 and 0-2 in conference action.
Yale started the day by winning at the No. 1 and 3 doubles position to take the first point. At No. 2, junior Julia Schroeder and freshman Racquel Lyn were leading Carol Finke and Valerie Shklover, 5-4, when the match went unfinished.
After entering singles trailing by a point, Dartmouth turned things around to ultimately win the match. At the No. 1 spot, senior Taylor Ng had a 6-3, 7-6(5) defeat of Finke, while classmate Jacqueline Crawford had an easy 6-2, 6-2 victory over Amy Yang at No. 2. Junior Kristina Mathis took down Valerie Shklover, 6-3, 7-6(10) at No. 3, while freshman Allison McCann added one more win at the No. 6 position, defeating Caroline Lynch, 6-4, 6-0.
On Sunday, April 9, the Big Green will host their first home match in over a month, taking on Brown at 12 p.m.
1) Jiang/Zordani (Yale) def. Ng/Mathis (Dartmouth), 6-4
2) Finke/Shklover (Yale) vs. Lyn/Schroeder (Dartmouth), 4-5, DNF
3) Lynch/Yang (Yale) def. Crawford/McCann (Dartmouth), 6-2
1) Ng (Dartmouth) def. Finke (Yale), 6-3, 7-6(5)
2) Crawford (Dartmouth) def. Yang (Yale), 6-2, 6-2
3) Mathis (Dartmouth) def. Shklover (Yale), 6-3, 7-6(10)
4) Jiang (Yale) def. Lyn (Dartmouth), 6-2, 4-6, 5-4(7-4)
5) Zordani (Yale) def. Schroeder (Dartmouth), 6-3, 6-2
6) McCann (Dartmouth) def. Lynch (Yale), 6-4, 6-0