HANOVER, N.H. – The Dartmouth women’s tennis team dropped their regular season home finale, 4-3, to Brown on Sunday afternoon at the Boss Tennis Center and Gordon Pavilion.
The Big Green (8-9, 1-5 Ivy League) lost to Brown for the second straight season, while the Bears (7-11, 1-4 Ivy League) picked up their first conference win of the season.
Dartmouth got behind early as Brown took all three of the doubles matches to secure the first point of the match.
In singles action, senior tri-captain Christina Danosi notched a win in her final home match, topping Coco Hsu in straight sets at No. 6. Junior Melissa Matsuoka and freshman Katherine Yau scored the other points for the Big Green winning in straight sets as well.
At No. 1 singles, Yau topped Misia Krasowski, a two-time First Team All-Ivy singles player, 7-5, 6-2. Matsuoka won at No. 3 singles against Sarah Kandath.
“They have been part of a great period of achievement for Dartmouth women's tennis, helping the Big Green win its first Ivy League title in 2011 and also attain its highest national ranking of No. 37,” Dallis continued.
“The trio also helped Dartmouth women's tennis continue its collective academic excellence, helping the team earn ITA All-Academic Team honors every year. We wish them well,” the 11th year coach concluded.
Dartmouth plays its final match of the 2013 spring season at Harvard on Saturday at 2 p.m.
DARTMOUTH 3, BROWN 4
1. Katherine Yau defeated Misia Krasowski 7-5, 6-2
2. Akiko Okuda lost to Hannah Camhi 6-0,7-6(1)
3. Melissa Matsuoka defeated Sarah Kandath 6-2, 6-4
4. Suzy Tan lost to Nikita Uberoi 3-6, 6-2, 6-1
5. Sarah Bessen lost to Ammu Mandalap 6-2, 6-2
6. Christina Danosi defeated Coco Hsu 6-3, 6-0
1. Yau/Okuda lost to Krasowski/Camhi 9-8 (6)
2. Matsuoka/Bessen lost to Uberoi/Mandalap 8-3
3. Reichel/Keong lost to Hsu/Kandath 9-8 (8)