HANOVER, N.H. - The Dartmouth women's tennis team swept both the singles and doubles to beat Binghamton 7-0 at the Boss Tennis Center and Gordon Pavilion on Saturday morning.
The Big Green picked up their first win of the season, improving to 1-1, while the Bearcats fall to 0-1.
The Green and White bounced back from their season opening loss to Boston College last weekend with a strong effort in doubles play, dropping just six games overall in three matches.
In singles action, Keong was the first player off the court, making quick work of Binghamton's Jesse Rubin as she won 6-0, 6-0 at No. 6 singles. Freshmen Katherine Yau and Suzy Tan also coasted to victories at No. 1 and No. 5 singles, respectively.
"We were very consistent today, and it was good to see that as the match went on we got stronger and stronger," said head coach Bob Dallis. "The fact that we only gave up four games in six second sets was really important because it showed that the players did a great job of closing out their matches. I think we learned a lot and played well in our scrimmage at Brown last Sunday, where we split the singles matches and went 3-3. And that showed on the court today."
The team from the Upper Valley returns to action on Feb. 1, when they play host Wisconsin. The match is scheduled to begin at 6:00 p.m.
DARTMOUTH 7, BINGHAMTOM 0
1. Yau/Okuda (D) def. Kohtz/Medianik (B), 8-4
2. Matsuoka/Sarah Bessen (D) def. Missy Edelblum/Tashiro (B), 8-1
3. Tan/Keong (D) def. Ambrozy/Brodsky (B), 8-1
1. Katherine Yau (D) def. Sara Kohtz (B), 6-1, 6-0
2. Janet Liu (D) def. Katherine Medianik (B), 6-4, 6-2
3. Akiko Okuda (D) def. Alexis Tashiro (B), 6-2, 6-0
4. Melissa Matsuoka (D) def. Shea Brodsky (B), 6-2, 6-1
5. Suzy Tan (D) def. Agatha Ambrozy (B), 6-2, 6-1
6. Julienne Keong Si Ying (D) def. Jessie Rubin (B), 6-0, 6-0