Lombardi hit .500 (6-for-12) with five RBIs in the three games, enjoying his finest game against the host Golden Gophers in the opener on Friday as he hit two doubles and a solo homer while driving in four runs in the 10-3 victory. After collecting a single in three trips to the plate during the 1-0 triumph over Northern Illinois on Saturday, he stroked two more singles, one of which tied the game at two with two outs in the sixth.
Earning spots on the Dairy Queen All-Tournament Team were:
• Senior left-hander Kyle Hunter who shut out Northern Illinois in the second game for five innings on one hit and one walk with 10 strikeouts to tie a career best;
• Junior first baseman Dustin Selzer who reached base six times, scored a run and drove in another;
• Sophomore shortstop Matt Parisi who hit .400 (4-for-10) in his two starts while fielding seven chances flawlessly;
• Sophomore second baseman Thomas Roulis who also hit .400 (6-for-15), including a 3-for-5 performance with a double and the game-winning triple in the seventh inning of the 5-2 victory over Utah on Sunday; and
• Freshman center fielder Nick Ruppert who went 5-for-11 (.455) with two doubles, two runs and an RBI.
Dartmouth will attempt to win its fourth straight game to open the season — a feat it has not accomplished since 1986 — when it plays Army on March 16 in its first of 10 games at the Russ-Matt Invitational in Winter Haven, Fla.