NEW HAVEN, CONN. - The top-seed Dartmouth women's squash team crusied to a 9-0 victory against Amherst on Friday night in the opening round of the Kurtz Cup Championship.
The 2013 Kurtz Cup is hosted by Yale and being contested at the Brady Squash Center.
The win snaps a two-match losing streak for the Big Green as they improve to 7-8 on the season.
Dartmouth took eight of the nine matches in three games with only Oona Morris dropping a game. After losing the opening game, Morris rallied to win the next the three to earn a point for the Green and White.
Schafer and Loucks have now won back-to-back matches, while Dewey has won four of her last five for Dartmouth.
The Big Green return to the courts on Saturday as they face fourth-seeded Columbia. The match is set to begin at 1:30 p.m. Earlier this season, Dartmouth topped Columbia, 8-1, in Hanover.
DARTMOUTH 9, AMHERST
1. Corey Schafer (D) def. Chandler Lusardi (A), 3-0/ 11-4,11-6,11-6
2. Melina Turk (D) def. Anne Piper (A), 3-0/ 11-2,11-5,11-8
3. Nina Scott (D) def. Arielle Lehman (A), 3-0/ 11-4,11-4,11-1
4. Sarah Loucks (D) def. Meyha Sud (A), 3-0/ 11-4,11-8,11-7
5. Katherine Nimmo (D) def. Ericka Robertson (A), 3-0/ 11-5,11-4,11-8
6. Tori Dewey (D) def, Evelyn Kramer (A), 3-0/ 11-7,11-4,11-7
7. Lydie McKenzie (D) def. Corri Johnson (A), 3-0/ 11-7,11-1,11-3
8. Helena Darling (D) def. Khushy Aggarwal (A), 3-0/ 11-6,12-10,11-3
9. Oona Morris (D) def. Taryn Clary (A), 3-1/ 4-11,11-7,11-7,11-8