HANOVER, N.H. – Six straight goals in the second half lifted Dartmouth men’s lacrosse to a 9-8 victory over Wagner at Scully-Fahey Filed on Saturday afternoon. The Big Green – which defeated the Seahawks for the first time since 2015 – improved to 2-2, while the visitors fell to 1-3.

Ben Martin led the team with four goals, while George Prince (1G, 2A), Richie Loftus (2G, 1A) and David Gallagher (1G, 1A) all had multi-point performances. In net, George Christopher played all 60 minutes, making 12 saves en route to his second victory of the season.

“Today was a belief win,” head coach Brendan Callahan said. “I’m proud of the guys’ response at the half. Coming out down by three, our response and energy was great. They kept the faith, kept working, made adjustments, and were able to come away with a big win. I’m proud of the offense. They really did a great job and amped up the pressure and that was a great spark for us. It was great to have George back full strength. You can’t give a goalie enough credit in a one-goal game. He stepped up big with 12 saves to really make a difference.”

A Dartmouth penalty 11 seconds into the first quarter resulted in a goal for Wagner and, by the halfway point, the Seahawks had added one more to make it 2-0. The Green soon turned things around and markers scored by Martin and Prince two minutes apart made it a 2-2 game heading to the second. Christopher was a force in net, making six saves in the first 15 minutes.

Martin’s second of the afternoon less than two minutes into the second quarter gave Dartmouth its first lead of the afternoon, but four unanswered Seahawk tallies gave the visitors a 6-3 advantage. One last effort by Martin with six seconds to go was promising, but the ball hit the post, and the Big Green went into the half trailing by three.

Dartmouth dominated the third, scoring a trio of goals while allowing zero. After six minutes of scoreless play to start the third, a pair of Green goals netted just 32 seconds apart made it a one-goal game. Loftus scored the first and assisted on the second, Tyler Haskell picked up his first point of the season with a helper, and Martin completed his hat trick. Gallagher wrapped things up nicely, netting his first of the game with 18.2 seconds to go to tie the score at 6-6.

Three unanswered goals in the third turned into three more within four minutes in the fourth thanks to goals by Martin, Jack Korzelius and Loftus to give Dartmouth a 9-6 edge. Having been shut out for almost 30 full minutes, Wagner found the back of the net twice and, with 30 seconds to go, just one goal separated the teams (9-8). A huge point-blank save by Christopher with 15 seconds stopped Wagner’s momentum and allowed the Big Green to play out the final seconds to victory.

Dartmouth will be on the road for three straight games, first heading to Jamaica, New York, to take on St. John’s on Saturday, March 17.