Dartmouth Athletics Hosts 'Football 101' on August 12
This first-time event, scheduled for Tuesday, August 12 from 6-9 pm at Memorial Field, is free and includes activities for the entire family. The first 100 attendees age 18 and over will receive a free Dartmouth Football Dri-FIT T-shirt, while the first 250 children will be treated to a free mini football.Other highlights of the event include:
- A tailgate party catered by EBA's
- On-field skill stations run by the Dartmouth Football staff
- A football-themed fashion show featuring student-athletes, coaches, wives and young fans wearing game day gear, and the unveiling of the team’s brand-new 2014 uniforms
- Demonstration and Q&A with a rules official
- Kids activities (e.g., flag football, bounce house, poster making)
Attendees are encouraged to wear sneakers and casual clothing in anticipation of light on-field activities.
Parking is available in Thompson Arena Lot. From there, cross South Park Street (Rt. 120) and follow signs for registration inside Memorial Field’s northeast gate. All activities will take place on Memorial Field and inside Floren Varsity House weather permitting. (Rain location: Leverone Field House)
Any additional questions about the event, please call Dartmouth Athletics at 603-646-0418.