HANOVER, N.H. – The Dartmouth women’s tennis fell, 5-2, in a nail biting decision to #49 Yale on Friday afternoon at the Boss Tennis Center and Gordon Pavilion.
The Big Green fall to 6-9 (2-3 Ivy League), while the Bulldogs improve to 12-8 (4-1 Ivy League).
The Big Green won the doubles point thanks to wins by the number one team of Katherine Yau and Taylor Ng, and second pairing of Melissa Matsuoka and Akiko Okuda. Third doubles team of Julienne Keong and Suzy Tan were deadlocked at seven-all when the doubles point was clinched.
Dartmouth jumped out to a great start in singles, winning the first sets on four of the six courts. But the Bulldogs battled back. Ng got the lone singles win, defeating 2013 Ivy League Rookie of the Year Madeleine Hamilton 6-2, 6-4. Yau and Okuda both fell 6-3 in the third, while Tan was edged 7-6 in the third.
Dartmouth is back in action on Sunday at Brown, doubles play begins at 12 p.m.
1. Hannah Yu def. Katherine Yau 4-6,6-4,6-3
2. Taylor Ng def. Madeleine Hamilton 6-2,6-4
3. Ree Ree Li def. Jacqueline Crawford 7-5,6-2
4. Sherry Li def. Melissa Matsuoka 6-3,6-4
5. Courtney Amos def. Akiko Okuda 4-6,6-1,6-3
6. Caroline Lynch def. Suzy Tan 4-6,6-4,7-6 (3)